2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Jeremiah's FK3 progress thread

86K views 399 replies 102 participants last post by  b.mixopoulos 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's time to create myself a progress thread in the styling section :-D :cool:

* * * * * * * * * So, here it goes: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This is where I came from: A standard nighthawk black 5-door 2.2 i-ctdi from 2007 with 32000km's (about 20000 miles), got it from August 2009.

First things I've put on the car where the Type S rims (I preferred their look above the standard 5-door 17" alloys), the sport gear knob and of course... the Civinfo stickers (I have no dyno runs, but I can assure you guys I've felt lots of bhp improvement :razz:)!

More pictures (and in full resolution) can be found here...
Thanks for viewing!

Grtz, Jeremiah

See less See more
#2 ·
In the meanwhile...

The bodykit is almost a fact... I've ordered the parts today (cost me almost an arm and a leg :(), the dealer said he should have them already tomorrow morning!! :) :)
So I'm going to put everything on tomorrow or the day after! :D :D :D Can't wait! :dancing2:

The things I've ordered: type-:typer: sideskirts, wheel arches and the front and rear grand prix pack... :cool:

In the meanwhile also some pictures of the little mod's which happened so far....: (took my time today to take some more pics... :p )

* 8000K hid's for the main beams
* Led 360 degree sidelights
* 5000K halogen bulbs in the fog lights
* Ultra white interior led's
* Ultra white license plate led's
* 'Civic' Brake light cover
* Red footwell lights (come on with interior lights)

8000K xenon (Doesn't look anything like this blue in real life; they really give a beautiful, distinguished white light with a little hint of blue)!

They do look something like this (little adaption with photoshop) :p

White interior led's (front+rear)

White license plate led's

Red footwell lights (they come on when opening the doors,... and then dim/fade out after a few seconds)

#7 ·
#6 ·
Looking very nice.... some great pictures there too !

Reactions: jeremiah
#12 ·
very nice motor mate ....top job :D

#15 ·
Pff... Still waiting for the grand prix pack to come in. All of the rest is with my dealer (side skirts, wheel arches, exhaust triangles), but now there seems to be a small problem with the GP pack... :???:

It isn't anymore available in NHB, only in Crystal Black... :-( So once again it's going to get even more expensive! Now I still have to got the GP pack painted...

I've read some threads about the colour difference... (here and here)

My painter advised me to wait and see... He said the colour difference probably wouldn't be really noticable... What do you guys think?? I've also read something about CB being more sensitive to stone chipping... Is this correct?

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Last friday at my local dealer:

Dealer called me to say that all items have arrived... :smile:

But... the front- and rear grand prix splitters were the wrong ones (type S instead of type R; so they were not completely painted...).

Anyway, everything turned out fine (even better actually), because the dealer spoke to Honda (again; it seems to be that the part numbers are really confusing) and now it seems that the splitters which I need do still seem to be available in NHB. So they don't need painting after all, which I'm very glad of!! :-D

Normally the last item will arrive tomorrow... :-D :cool:

#23 ·
(...)
Normally the last item will arrive tomorrow... :-D :cool:
Ok, the Grand Prix front+rear is at the dealer, but I'm still waiting to the base of one of the exhaust triangles (it came in last week, but there was a little piece broken off; so they had to order a new one). Bad news is, that this little item is in backorder and planned for the 18th of May... [smilie=smack.gif]

So until then, I still can't start on upgrading the car... :-( You'll earn a lot of patience with a hobby like this one!! :-?

#17 ·
Can't wait to see these on your civ :)

#22 ·
Yes it is, and I'm very pleased about it. I really disliked the standard gearknob :facepalm: (totally doesn't fit the interior of the car IMO), contrary to this one which seems to be perfectly made for the Civic! :-D

It cost (over here in Belgium) about 100€ (which will be something like £87 if i'm right?). It's way more expensive than an aftermarket gearknob, but you also get what you pay for! :cool:

#136 ·
broken links page 2 fixed...

Opinions please! ;)

::: BEFORE :::

::: AFTER :::

I noticed the pictures weren't visible anymore, and I couldn't edit the post anymore to repair the links... so once again, here are the (first) pics from the transformation to the type R grand prix bodykit... ;)

::: BEFORE :::
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda civic

::: AFTER :::
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda civic

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Family car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Honda

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Mid-size car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.