2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Had my civic for quite a while now. And noticed it's always been quite jerky when lifting off the throttle.
Quite hard to describe, but say driving along at 30 in 4th then lift off and it almost has a little lurch forwards.
Happens in ever gear at any speed, just more noticeable at slower speeds.
Is this normal?

Cheers
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
It's been noted by most FN2 owners that it's difficult to drive these cars slowly as they are 'jerky'. It's even worse when the engine is cold :(

To answer your original question though, mine is similar, if you come off the throttle very quickly in high revs then it's a bit 'jerky', worse at lower speeds.

Nothing to worry about I think mate ;)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.
Thought it was just the character of the car. But can be quite a big jolt at times.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Cool.
Thought it was just the character of the car. But can be quite a big jolt at times.
Cheers
Alot of FN2 owners are using V Power as well which helps. Try some BG 44k in their as well.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feels a lot more like its the transmission rather than the engine.
I do run it on sainsburys super 97 ron.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get this too with my ctr. Its kinda like the transmission is taking up the slack, but my vaux combo van does the same so got used to it.
Yeah that's exactly what it feels like.
If its normal then it's fine. Just feels pretty weird and not had it in any of my cars before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts