2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since buying the car I've had a problem with 1st and 2nd gear when pulling off slowly.

It's as if I'm a learner driver and kangarooing when pulling off and then slowly into 2nd.
It's like there's no power and then all of a sudden it all comes and wants to wheel spin off at 100mph!

But it's not every time, some times it pulls of absolutely fine like any other car should do.

I've spoken to the previous owner and he said it's always been like it, he even spoke to CPL and they said they mapped it for aggressive acceleration (if that makes a difference)

It's getting to the point where it really annoys me when being out for a long time driving.
I've thought about taking it to TDI North for remap to see if that's the problem but it's a 3 hour trip and £££ and they're not sure if that's even the problem.

Cars a 2009 FN2 with CPL intake, CT charger, TODA mani and Toda catback.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the clutch is it ? That mapping sounds dodgy. No issues on mine to be honest. I can plod along in 1st gear real slow and it's fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's the clutch, there's no other signs of slipping or crunching.

I've spoken to Paul at TDI North and he seems to think it could be a mapping issue. But like I said I don't want to drive all the way up there, pay for a remap and it be something else.

I'm not that clued up on flash pro as I was with Kpro, but am I right in thinking it's the same if I plug my laptop in while out for a drive an take some data?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Tdi north sent me a base map before I drove up there because my own map from the previous owner of my charger was from a previous version of flash prob apparently all old versions are incompatible with current ones. This was designed to work with my charger and after-cooler, just a safe map to get me up there designed to work with the injectors I had and other variables no doubt. Although I didn't go above 6000rpm or so it drove perfectly smooth throughout the revs. Perhaps Paul could send you the same one he sent me? It makes me wonder how a proper map would cause you to jerk about... Surely it means it's not done properly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Keep in mind the throttle pedal is all digital and part of the mapping process maybe tweaking those values. When I had my car mapped I found it to be set too aggressively and was having to relearn my clutch control. In the end I copied the throttle table from the Group N map. (pic as an example only etc)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im no expert but sounds like it could be clutch chatter, possibility of either contamination/oil or hot spots on the clutch plate, leading to the clutch not engaging properly as you pull away. It only normally occurs in the lower gears as more effort is needed to move the car from a standing start as oppose to when changing gears at higher speeds. Won't do any major damage to the car but can be annoying as hell, higher revs can help but the sooner you come off of the clutch it stops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts