2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find that the CTR kangaroos under light acceleration soon after setting off? I've noticed it since I've had it, and it's got worse in the winter. However, this morning the temp gauge was showing 10 degrees which should be OK, and it was still pretty jerky. Usually get it in 2nd/3rd but the other day I was in 4th, about 25mph and it just started kangarooing.

I might be imagining it but it seems to have got worse since I changed the battery a week ago. It was disconnected for a while so I dunno if it needs to re-learn something?

Seems to be fine when after about 2-3 mins of driving. Can be a little jerky when crawling in traffic in first gear...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine does it as well, exactly as you described it. Leaving the car idle for a minute before setting off really helps though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
sounds like either you have mucky petrol or something to do with air filter?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Mine does this if I set off straight after starting the car.
I always allow for the idle revs to drop then you don't have the issue.

Reactions: Tw1stid

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Yeah I get this too, but I'm going to do a full service anyway with the hopes it may improve this amoung other things. I think it will always be there though so just leaving it a min or two to warm really helps

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

As I said, it's always been there, just seems worse since I changed the battery. Is there a learning process that the ECU has to go through? Only done 50 miles since changing.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Thanks all.

As I said, it's always been there, just seems worse since I changed the battery. Is there a learning process that the ECU has to go through? Only done 50 miles since changing.
As far as I know there isn't a learning process but I maybe wrong. I think the colder weather has an effect and it should get a bit worse as we hit mid winter and worse weather

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I've just learned to adapt my driving style in my 2 years of ownership with it, any slight breaking or acceleration below 15mph I dip the clutch slightly to keep things smooth.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
I have flashpro and yes it still does it and I also ride the clutch a bit at slow speeds to avoid the jerkyness as reeno says

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Cold engine and very light flywheels cause this bounciness, just a side effect of having a CTR.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
When I owned the civic, I also noticed that the wheels lost traction easily when the oil temp was still cold.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its the petrol to air temp ratio.. Runs a bit more lean on cold days. Wait for a bit when you start the car until the revs drop to 1 then should be OK :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Mine seemed smoother when i had my ECU out of the car and then reinstalled recently. Maybe its an electronic 'learned' problem as much as a mechanical one relating to the lightweight flywheel?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts