2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Only my second day on this forum, been looking through some really useful threads - but thought I'd ask this one to you all. :cool:

I am soon to be a civic owner, 3 days till collection :D. As part of the deal with the stealer a Jewelultra DiamondBrite Premium Plus package was thrown in. Initally I thought this would be a wise option as my work sometimes involves carrying dirty kit around from time to time.

However I am now having doubts, manily thanks to my father who had this treatment done on his Cosworth :oops:. He told me it did nothing for the car apart from dull the paint work and not make it "as shiny" as it was with out.

Aparantly you can remove the treatment but at cost.

Should I be worried?, will it spoil the shine of my new toy? If any one has any advice it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Millie was done in Diamond Brite from new.

It looked great at the time, but so are most new cars!

Looking at the cost (If it's given free then take it!), it'll last for about 4 months and then depreciate.

After those first 4 months I then worked on Millie with various polishes and things and now it's even shiner than when new.

"There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good might sleep better but the bad enjoy the waking bit more!"

Charles H.

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Millie was done in Diamond Brite from new.

It looked great at the time, but so are most new cars!

Looking at the cost (If it's given free then take it!), it'll last for about 4 months and then depreciate.

After those first 4 months I then worked on Millie with various polishes and things and now it's even shiner than when new.

"There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good might sleep better but the bad enjoy the waking bit more!"

Charles H.
Thanks Charles. Could I ask what polishes you did use after the Diamond Brite honey moon had finished ;)

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
The uphostery protection should be worth it (free!) since it should be guaranteed not to stain.

The exterior treatment.... well opinion is divided as to whether it does anything. Check the guarantee, but you should be able to use whatever you like to clean it.

In the 2 months I've had my silver spaceship, I've used some synthetic stuff and it really does sparkle now. :D t was pricey, but then again, so is a spaceship.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5661

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Thanks Charles. Could I ask what polishes you did use after the Diamond Brite honey moon had finished ;)
Here we go then:

Firstly rinse the Space Ship well to get rid of any loose dirt etc.

Wash, with warm water, using a 'wash 'n wax' type of shampoo.

I use use Tesco's as it's cheap and it works!

Rinse off again.

Semi-dry with a chammy style leather.

Fully dry with Megulars Water Magnet.

Then bung on Turtle Wax 'Platinum' Precision Car wax.

Needs some little effort to get the best effect, but that is what you are after after all!

Re-polish just when you reckon.

I usually apply Megulars Speed Detailer after subsequent washes, as it seems to keep that super shine a little longer between the waxings.

......Turtle Wax Foaming Tyre Shine dont arf bring up the tyres a treat!

......don't forget your sun glasses!

"We have a saying in Russia, 'Women are like buses'.
That's it!"

Charles H.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
That wash & wax stuff is good. You need to be quick(ish) to rinse otherwise you can get water rings underneath the wax surface it leaves behind if you leave it too long.

As far a the Diamond Brite goes, mine is still shiny and it still beads quite well which previous cars have failed to do after a short while.

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. Thanks Charles - this is a great help.

24 hours to go till collection!!!! Can ne wait!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi All,

Only my second day on this forum, been looking through some really useful threads - but thought I'd ask this one to you all. :cool:

I am soon to be a civic owner, 3 days till collection :D. As part of the deal with the stealer a Jewelultra DiamondBrite Premium Plus package was thrown in. Initally I thought this would be a wise option as my work sometimes involves carrying dirty kit around from time to time.

However I am now having doubts, manily thanks to my father who had this treatment done on his Cosworth :oops:. He told me it did nothing for the car apart from dull the paint work and not make it "as shiny" as it was with out.

Should I be worried?, will it spoil the shine of my new toy? If any one has any advice it would be appreciated.
Well recommended.......had it on my previous Civic......looked as good as new after 6 years

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is the best recommended for bringing the tyres up as per showroom..shiny black and it lasts !..I have tried some that are so poor !

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
What is the best recommended for bringing the tyres up as per showroom..shiny black and it lasts !..I have tried some that are so poor !
Turtle Wax Foaming Tyre Shine dont arf bring up them tyres a treat!

"Homosexuality in Russia is a crime and the punishment is seven years in prison, locked up withn other men.

There is a three year waiting list!"

Charles H.

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That wash & wax stuff is good. You need to be quick(ish) to rinse otherwise you can get water rings underneath the wax surface it leaves behind if you leave it too long.

As far a the Diamond Brite goes, mine is still shiny and it still beads quite well which previous cars have failed to do after a short while.
Your damn right! Gave it a little TLC today, used the Tesco Wash and Wax and I have to say unless you have a hose (which I don't) it don't half make it streaky. Had some Esso car shampoo from my previous (god rest her sole) and it bought my spaceship up a treat! How ever that being said Charle H's other tips were very helpful.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Your damn right! Gave it a little TLC today, used the Tesco Wash and Wax and I have to say unless you have a hose (which I don't) it don't half make it streaky. Had some Esso car shampoo from my previous (god rest her sole) and it bought my spaceship up a treat! How ever that being said Charle H's other tips were very helpful.

Sorry 'bout you getting bad results from that Tesco stuff.

My Millie loves it.

......but I do rinse ,with a hose, straight after body washing, even before I start to clean the wheels!

"When you are in love it's the best four days of your life!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Diamondbrite G/B

You can remove diamondbrite at no cost, why would you want to remove a paint sealant? The problem is not the product but the way garages rip you of and dont explain how to maintain the product.the standard pack has the same coating as the premium plus its only the extra aftercare products thats different, if you conserver the car every 4-6 weeks it will do exactly what it states the people that say its _rap dont conserver it properly. Doesnt wax melt in the sun black cars?????Hot hot hot
Hi All,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts