2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just thought I would share this with you as I am sure there are a few more civic owners out there with strange annoying rattles coming from the dash!

My particular rattle, or jingle jangle sort of noise coming from the dash area was still not sorted,even after 2 unsuccessful visits to he dealers, so I decided to try and find it myself as it was driving me mad (only had the car 8 weeks) and every uneven road there was this persistent jingle jangle sort of noise coming from the dash. I eventually noticed that the MPH / KMH button was vibrating and i guess osolating further back in the inner depths of the dash, I cut a strip of card and wrapped it around the button and pushed it into the dash and thats it, no more rattles or jingley noises,...

My curiosity got the better of me, so i took the dash facia off to see whats behind the button, basically its a wire / cable approx. 6mm in diameter going through a steel locating tube which is approx. 16mm in dia, so therefore the cable can move around and ossolate which was causing the strange sound / noise over even small bump.

It is booked into the dealers tomorrow for them to correct.
, hope this helps others as chances are it may not be unique to my car

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Fortunately mine is rattle free but we did have someone here who's dash was full of rattles.

Shame he's not here anymore to take note :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts