2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am definately beginning to think that I am jinxed with the Honda Civic.

As most of you know due to various mechanicial problems I already have a replacement car and still have an on going issue with the radio and intermittent gear change problems.

The replacement was delivered to me in the pouring rain and it continued to rain for 2 days after that, then I noticed a scratch about 2inches long just below the rear indicator which wouldn't tcut out, I dont have a clue how it got there being so high up. The car went in to the garage to have the climate control fixed and whilst there they cleaned it and somehow got steam/water behind the number plates creating what look like dirty looking air bubbles (waiting new number plates now) A couple of weeks after that I came out of work to find someone had put a 6 inch scratch along the driver's door, again this wouldn't tcut out. Then I took my car in to have the gears looked at, the car had been washed the day before and was gleaming, when I collected the car the next day it was covered in mud and dirt (even over the roof) where it had been taken out during a thunderstorm to be tested, when we washed the car again 2 days after that there was 2 big stone chips and a tiny scratch on the bonnet, I was going to complain to the garage but how do I prove it was them and not me, it makes me laugh that when they give us a courtesy car we have to sign a form stating their car is perfect but they dont the same for ours.

This week on Monday I went in to a multi storey car park and (my own fault this time) I knocked my drivers door mirror on a post and scrapped off the varnish and paint about the size of a 20pence piece.

Finally, yesterday I went to my daughters leavers assembley and whilst in there someone knocked the back of the car (and drove off) taking off the paint in two places showing the black underneath, one bit on the bottom of the bumper and the second higher up with several scratches on the curve of the rear of the car :cry:

So, my car is 8 weeks old, has done 1500 miles and is starting to resemble my old car which was 7 years old!!

Cant decide whether to get it fixed and sell it, get it fixed and hope thats the end of the bad luck or just keep it the way it is as I feel sure there is more to come :roll:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Thats a pretty sorry tale TC. Considering its your second Civic, and the second has a gearbox prob, together with all the knocks. I'd wait until they have sorted the gearbox. Then if your happy with the car, get the knocks fixed and keep it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TC, I'm sorry to hear about the rotten luck you're having.

If it was my car, I'd get the paint sorted and the other bits 'n' pieces done then I'd sit back and enjoy the car - your luck will change.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's awful TC.
Two months before I got my new Civic my Colt was stolen and written off. The when I had the loaner from the insurance company. Someone drove into the front of it on Monday and then that Friday someone else drove into the back! None of the accidents really cost me anything (apart from some back trouble) and I was just glad to get all the bad luck out of the way before the new car came along.
Don't know if you're religious or not but I'd start thinking abot having the car blessed....either that or keep a black cat, rabbits fott and a horseshoe in the boot!

·
Registered
273 Posts
so sorry to hear about the car, TC and Raegten.. bad luck happened to me as well ( old car ). 2 accidents in 2 days ( front and back ). In another occasion i had 4 flat tyres in 4 days ( 2 rear , 1 front and spare ).

Maybe by adding pomelo leaves into water when washing the car would help... it's said that pomelo leaves ward off bad luck :roll:

·
Registered
273 Posts
so sorry to hear about the car, TC and Raegten.. bad luck happened to me as well ( old car ). 2 accidents in 2 days ( front and back ). In another occasion i had 4 flat tyres in 4 days ( 2 rear , 1 front and spare ).

Maybe by adding pomelo leaves into water when washing the car would help... it's said that pomelo leaves ward off bad luck :roll:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Seriously bad luck TC :( I'm not superstitious at all but it's amazing some of the stories you hear from people about "jinxed" cars and certain colours being bad luck - many moons ago I bought a RED Fiesta Mark II - it overheated on it's journey to the garage where I was collecting it from, it was constantly going wrong in different areas it got so bad that I almost had a bad accident in it as I was so distracted tapping/listening for a strange noise that I clipped a kerb and bent the whole chassis. Then parked on my parents driveway with the drivers door open the handbrake failed, rolled backwards and you can guess that the door and driveway gatepost didn't exactly like each other.... the moment that happened I just turned to my parents and told them that the car had to go... last straw etc....

I've never had a RED car since, probably wouldn't bother me now but that Fiesta will stick in my mind!!!

Really hope you can get all your problems sorted out and you don't give up.

·
Definately Female!
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies - I think I will wrap the car in bubble wrap :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts