2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so as most of you probably know, I said goodbye to my FN2 of 2 years a couple of weeks ago.

We're looking to move somewhere bigger in the new year, so we needed to release some funds to aid this hence the sale of the car.

I wanted something fun and a little different so went for this 2.0l Sport MX5 (really wanted an s2000 but fuel and insurance would have been worse than the FN2), fondly known as "Joey" due to the number plate, even though my private plate will be back on soon.

Now, I knowwww, this isn't a civic! But even though I've moved on, I've made some great friends through the forum and still think its a great place to be and I'd like to join the other ex-honda owners who continue to contribute to the forum, so I hope this new build thread will be welcome here.

Anyway, I did promise that there would be absolutely NO modifications until after the new year and even then they would not be expensive as the whole reason for selling the civic was to save money not spend it!
However, I went for an MOT on Monday evening and the guy said the car was spot on, apart from a snapped coil spring on the rear :(, great...MOT fail!
So this was the PERFECT excuse for the coilovers I have been wanting so badly! So the BC coilovers will be delivered tomorrow ready for fitting at the weekend :D. I will get some before and after pics up.

I won't carry on babbling, here is the car:

Got it home
1.jpg

Debadged the rear for a cleaner look
2.jpg

Oil change and bulb change (this meant removing the front bumper and the headlight to get to the bulb! Got pulled over by the police on the day I collected it for having a headlight out grrr!)
3.jpg

BEST thing about the car is the furnace of a heater and the heated seats. Actually enjoying the colder weather now :D

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Nice one, sit back folks and enjoy an extensive mod thread lol

Reactions: l_harris121

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Anyway, I did promise that there would be absolutely NO modifications until after the new year

So the BC coilovers will be delivered tomorrow ready for fitting at the weekend
:D

Love it - looking forward to this being the start of another great mod thread!

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:D

Love it - looking forward to this being the start of another great mod thread!
The way you've quoted that makes me look really naughty ha ha!
Thanks Sam :)
No pockets in shrouds after all!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
716 Posts
Don't make it too nice, I'm trying to talk myself out of one. I've been looking at mk3.5's and the new BBR turbo kits. No where near the bang per buck as charging an FN but still fun!

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't make it too nice, I'm trying to talk myself out of one. I've been looking at mk3.5's and the new BBR turbo kits. No where near the bang per buck as charging an FN but still fun!
Ha ha I'll try not to! The 3.5's are lovely but I would have had to swap the fn2 for one but needed the extra cash. The 3 will have to do :p. Great fun and surprisingly quick but not a scratch on the FN2 supercharged like you say. The BBR kit is so expensive though.

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck with the new motor Lisa, I'm sure you'll get it just how you want it.
Thank you :). I'm going to restrain myself from spending too much money this time. Aim to keep it simple!

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my ideal base spec would coilovers, rotas, a proper 4 wheel alignment and possibly a more lively exhaust.
Yeah BC Racing coilovers going on this weekend with Tom's Enkei EV5's which have new tyres and are all balanced, and then alignment at TDI, Thurrock or WIM in Hemel. Exhaust will be done in due course but I'd like to do that at the same time as the manifold and hi-flow cat so that's not on the cards just yet just as I'm supposed to be saving it at the moment not spending it!

Can't wait to see how this one turns out :popcorn:
Thank you :D me too!

Shame about the broken spring but my favourite saying is if it breaks upgrade :D
Looks nice in that colour as well I actually quite like it!
Wheels next then :p
Subscribed
Ha ha, Yeah bit of a pain, but managed to get the coilovers quicker!

Very nice especially since it's a 2.0l model.
Thank you :D

very nice lisa :D
Thank you :D

looking good already lisa :) subscribed!
Thanks :D won't be quite as an extensive thread as the civic though!

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

As I was very unfortunate to have a broken spring, I've "had" :rolleyes: to buy a set of new coilovers.

20131107_132208.jpg

Such a shame....

:D Can't wait to get them on at the weekend.
Before and after pics to follow!

-

1 - 20 of 87 Posts