2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I obviously don't ever go into vtec zone when my engine is cold, but recently i've noticed that when say... i'm doing 25 mph in 5th gear, and i just put my foot down (only at like 2k revs)... the car just starts violently jolting?

As soon as the engine is warmed up its fine and doesn't do it.

Just wondering if this is ok?

I'm currently running the groupn map btw, getting a custom map on monday.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont own a ctr but 5th gear at 25 sounds too high a gear i would be in 3rd at that speed and i have a lot more torque. it may be the kangarooing that r555 and stoney have both suffered from iirc and your custom tune should help

sent from my phone
I understand what your saying,

But before i fitted the flash pro it never once did this.

It actually did it second gear this morning aswell when i pulled out of my road.

Admittadly i put my foot down but my rev counter didn't go above 3k and it just stopped then picked up and went (jolted)

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Can you do a data log of it? I imagine its something to do with the combination of the groupN map and your existing mods.

Btw nothing wrong with using 5th gear and doing 25mph IMO

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you do a data log of it? I imagine its something to do with the combination of the groupN map and your existing mods.

Btw nothing wrong with using 5th gear and doing 25mph IMO
i'll mention it to tdi on monday. (I dont really know how to data log)

Like i said its only when the engines cold, BUT if i dont lift immediately when i start jolting the engine will stall!

I've only got a non res catback & air filter atm

And yes i do 30mph in 6th all the time :)

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts

Like i said its only when the engines cold, BUT if i dont lift immediately when i start jolting the engine will stall!

Sam or Dennis will sort it out for you I'm sure.

Datalogging is easy. Plug into car, press datalog button to start logging, press datalog button when you want to stop logging, plug into PC, download datalog onto a PC.

If you ever need help just email me.

:D

Reactions: FrankstaH

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sam or Dennis will sort it out for you I'm sure.

Datalogging is easy. Plug into car, press datalog button to start logging, press datalog button when you want to stop logging, plug into PC, download datalog onto a PC.

If you ever need help just email me.

:D
I'll speak to Mark on monday (im going to TDI South) - if no help i'll come back to you Ash:)

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
I'll speak to Mark on monday (im going to TDI South) - if no help i'll come back to you Ash:)

cheers
They will get to the bottom of it.

TDI South - yes I know them well, they did most my mods.

Their dyno setup is fantastic.

Reactions: TDI

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
ive never been in 5th gear doing such a low speed. 4th would be my max at 25mph, it was probably stuttering coz your car is tuned and wanting you to match your speed to an ideal gear, just struggling a bit id have thought.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
ive never been in 5th gear doing such a low speed. 4th would be my max at 25mph, it was probably stuttering coz your car is tuned and wanting you to match your speed to an ideal gear, just struggling a bit id have thought.
Just had a go in mine, 6th gear was bit of a push doing 30mph tbh but 5th gear was fine. 6th gear would have been even better if I had a hot chick in the car and I still had my solid engine mounts in lol ;)

Congrats on your eaton charger by the way, great choice.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Cant imagine it likes being in 5th doing 25mph lol but if it works it works! Cheers ash really happy with it

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
This sounds exactly the same as the problem I had a few months back. A custom tune at Eurospec fixed mine....
Did you have a good time down there? Have you done a review or not? Don't want to hijack the thread... :worms:

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts

I'm fairly sure, driving style wise it's not exactly what Honda had in mind when they produced an engine capable of reving up to 8,500 revs. The Engine must be barely past tick over at 30mph in 6th. All that pressure on the con rods and the pistons trying their hardest to push their way through the side of the cylinder block! Try using the gears more sensibly and things will last a lot longer. Just because people say that ' they do it all the time' dosen't necessarily mean that it's the right thing to be doing. After all, you wouldn't drive around at 50mph in 1st (Or perhaps you would?) even though it's probably doing less damage to the engine than 30mph in 6th.

:crazy2:

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm fairly sure, driving style wise it's not exactly what Honda had in mind when they produced an engine capable of reving up to 8,500 revs. The Engine must be barely past tick over at 30mph in 6th. All that pressure on the con rods and the pistons trying their hardest to push their way through the side of the cylinder block! Try using the gears more sensibly and things will last a lot longer. Just because people say that ' they do it all the time' dosen't necessarily mean that it's the right thing to be doing. After all, you wouldn't drive around at 50mph in 1st (Or perhaps you would?) even though it's probably doing less damage to the engine than 30mph in 6th.

:crazy2:
This is the thing mate,

Before flashpro my car never even struggled, it's a very economical way of driving... swithcing into 6th once hitting 30mph!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.