2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a jrsc conversion on a fn2 fit the fd2 ??

Fancy a change of car and want to keep the boost. 4 doors would be a plus for me, incoming family on the horizon.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I think they do mechanically but need a different belt because the FD has proper steering.

Best bet is to speak to Guy @ CPL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Forget guy speak to Ritch (TTS)
Guy has been a pain every time I've dealt with him.
The bracket that held my alternator on my dc5 broke twice and he would not send another till he received the broken one?
The second time he said to put the car of the road for 4 weeks while he made a stronger one.
A total idiot. You have been warned.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Haven't heard the best things about the JRSC kit from CPL but I wouldn't go for a Rotrex either. I'm sure if I'd bought the brackets for the Comptech charger I purchased that would have been a great option. Seem reliable enough in the US. Just a shame Driven Crazy didn't list what parts they actually used to get it to fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had back to back runs with my dc5 with Jackson and my fd2 with rotrex the rotrex with the inter cooler ran better and coped with the heat better.
From owning a ep3 and a dc5 both with jackson chargers from guy.
I would always go rotrex in the future you will miss the noise from the Jackson but I can live with that.
Just my opinion.
Plus the bonus is you don't ever have to go to CPL.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm yet to see a Rotrex put on a standard FD2 engine. Yours and John's are both 2.4 forged and I believe his let go recently.

Plus you can't really compare the two. An intercooled JRSC/ CT charger would be a more fair comparison when it comes to heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts