2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i planning on going for a superchager this summer at the moment i got these two in mind the jacksons racing superchager and the rotrex stage 1 superchager can you guy on here give some opinion which one is better in term of gains, fitting and safe to run car will be use as daily car

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Both are fairly easy to fit just bolt on, both will be perfectly safe to run, rotrex will give you more at peak but JRSC will give you more in midrange to around 5-5500rpm then the rotrex will take over so really it depends on what kind of driving style you have and where and how you plan to use your power ;) for track when your always right up the rev range rotrex FTW IMO but just daily driving probably JRSC mate

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it just with JRSC that you will lose the fuel gauges mpg reading or it the same with rotrex aswell

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
It's not to do with the charger but the mapping, you need to use MAP mapping with the chargers, whereas all the gauges work off of MAF sensors do they don't work on MAP however I do believe hondata have now released new software to eradicate this issue :D

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Rotrex you will get more power as you can upgrade it a lot more than the others if that's what you are after I. E. upgrading to intercooler & race radiator ;) I have rotrex intercooler
Version & running 372 bhp & 232 lb torque it can just tootle around all day long till you give it some beans then takes off ;) & it is oem quiet ? No whine so totally stealthy leepie has the same & running 360 bhp. It all depends what you want buddy ? But you have to think you will need clutch,LSD ? & Brake upgrade not to mention if you want the best out of it exhaust & manifold ? It gets very expensive, I was running stage 1 with standard exhaust & cat & manifold before upgrading & my b pipe gave up the ghost after 200 mile too much boost & you can easily wreck the cat too ? But with the stage 1 you will get just over 300bhp but I learned the hard way because I ended up getting custom exhaust & manifold then I upgraded to intercooler & race radiator ;) which ever 1 you choose you will love it ;) this is my
Opinion on the rotrex I love it ;) civi08 has the ct charger st 2 & he is running 316bhp ask him what he thinks of his as he loves his too both have there pros & cons ? You have a hard choice buddy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Lots of options mate, you've got 3 rotrex options. 3 CT options, a JRSC option, TDI's turbo.. All gonna give you really good gains. Like Hagan eluded to, for big figures at the top end its all about the rotrex if your going supercharged. Mid range the CT is fantastic and i have my fuel gauge, the JRSC, ash_rage is the guy to talk to as i think he's the only person on here with one fitted. The turbo is an alternative to the intercooled rotrex, similar power but different delivery with no cons at all really. With upgraded internals you can hit 400+, im sure you've seen the TDI/Dezi threads :) It depends what your looking for mate and how much cash you've got, coz whatever you choose your not going to be disappointed :)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
after being in being in a ct car rotrex car and a tdi turbo car the turbo for me is the better option!
That's a good point buddy forget about that because he was talking about a charger I forgot about turbo
Version ;) if you have the money either way it's going to
Be roughly the same if you upgraded to intercooler version you are not to far away from the funds for turbo version ? But if its money stage 1 it will be fine & you will scare a lot of cars on the road ;) I have been in dezi's car & it's an animal due to all the torque you get with the turbo ;) but you have a hard choice buddy you will have to go out in each 1 to see what you are after ? But once you get a bit you want more ;) I love my rotrex power its sooooo smooooth ;) but if the turbo version was out when I was upgrading power I would be having that no doubt ;) as the torque & screamer pipe is awesome ;) but dezi drives like a girl & is wasted on him ;) hahahahahahahahaha only kidding tim ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I have a JRSC.

Its brilliant, I opted for it over a Rotrex as I wanted more power early on in the rev range to suit my daily driving. Peak figures hold little importance to me as I dont drive my car like that often.

Fuel economy is brilliant out of boost. Boost only comes in once the throttle is more than 40%.

Hondata have fixed all the old problems with fuel gauges and warning lights not working via a hydrib maf tune.

Best mod Ive ever done. JRSC is a brilliant fit and forget solutuon.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JRSC sound like the one i am after as i am looking for power at low rev aswell how long did it take you to get it fitted at CPL ash ?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
JRSC sound like the one i am after as i am looking for power at low rev aswell how long did it take you to get it fitted at CPL ash ?
I left it with Guy for a week and went on holiday.

I imagine its an 1-2 day job with mapping.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Rotrex is good for Peak Power, JRSC gives you good and more Power in Midrage.

Rotrex 4000rpm 110mm Pully 3psi
Rotrex 4000rpm 105mm Pully 3.9psi
And Eaton JRSC 4000rpm has about 6psi

@Marcin can you post e-dyno? Eaton vs Rotrex.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts