2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting the j's racing 70rr. Has anyone fitted it on there fn2? Also i cant find any official db ratings for it so does anyone know it? Another thing is it legal? Im not aware of any limits on the road with noise, im probably wrong on this? Its a toss up between this and the j's 60rs. Sensible option is the 60rs but well yh, im not in to that subtleness and sensible options :D

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Someone started a thread asking about these the other day.
I wasn't tempted before when sumopower were offering a good discount but read a couple of bad reviews which put me off.

The s2000 and I'm sure also the dc5 exhaust's get good reviews but I haven't heard much good about the fn2 exhaust.

Have you thought about a custom exhaust?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did think about 'custom' just not convinced on them at all. I went for a quote on one before and all they were interested in was noise, not any performance gains. I also question how good the exhaust can be when they literally make it up and a few hours when companies spend alot of money on R&D and testing before releasing their exhaust! Not knocking anyone who has a custom pipe its just my views :)

Yh the 60rs is a little small, only worry is with the 70rr is noise because of track days! Im happy to have it nice and loud, and it is an exhaust that wont restrict me if/when i decide to boost the car. I just dont want to build a track car that cant be tracked :/

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I did think about 'custom' just not convinced on them at all. I went for a quote on one before and all they were interested in was noise, not any performance gains. I also question how good the exhaust can be when they literally make it up and a few hours when companies spend alot of money on R&D and testing before releasing their exhaust! Not knocking anyone who has a custom pipe its just my views :)
You've obviously not been to a proper exhaust builder. Just because someone can weld a few drainpipes together doesn't make them an custom exhaust builder. A really good builder will design and build an exhaust that will outperform most commercially manufactured products, build it to a higher quality and make it as quiet as needed. And while there are some decent manufactured exhausts out there, some are pure junk quality with a brand name added. I'd put J's Racing near the top of that list. The downside of a really good custom system is a higher cost - but you don't get owt for nowt!

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
There's a company near where I work called alunox there meant to be highly rated they've even done a mclaren f1 exhaust but mainly do race cars

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going off my experience not saying all custom jobs are like that!

Lunar tick, what makes you say this about j's? I have never met anyone with a j's exhausts so abit clueless about build quality etc. I was drawn in by the name, which I thought I could trust and the tone :)

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Higham has a J's exhaust and it has been a steaming pile of poo. It didn't fit properly and has needed welding on more than one occasion. Just because it is 'JDM' doesn't make it quality.

Buy a Tdi north exhaust if you want quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts