2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J's Racing Carbon Steering Wheel

After seeing this fitted to David's car ..There's been a bit of renewed interest in the Awesome J's Racing Steering Wheel :)

Half Carbon , half high quality leather this is the ultimate luxury item..and I must say..I want to trade my suede/leather J's wheel for one..man its handsome!!

These come in at £ 599+vat and are special order from Japan - However is theres some good interest I can have a word in Mr J's shell like and see if I can swing a group buy price .

I can either get it on my next seafreight shipment or if you just cant wait ..we can EMS it direct from J's (this option does cost ..although its pretty reasonable so just ask!)

Pictures below show the wheel as it comes and once fitted to Davids Car .

Not the cheapest mod avaliable so no smart comments please ..As always my threads are there to let you know that this stuff is avaliable ;)

SUMO POWER are your only OFFICIAL supplier of J's Racing products for the UK!

Cazza xx 01797 228934 caroline(at)sumopower.com

Attachments

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Is it me or does the leather seem to not sit flush on the edge of the steering wheel? Just one pic from that angle could be the culprit :D

Is it as good quality as the OEM steering wheel leather? Which I reckon is quite decent...

For the person who has EVERYTHING (Dave) a great mod!

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its probably the angle of the picture ( My communications guy is no David Bailey lol!) Its a beauty , mega high quality - The leather on mine is still awesome and Ive done a kajillion miles gripping it like a loony!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Is it me or does the leather seem to not sit flush on the edge of the steering wheel? Just one pic from that angle could be the culprit :D

Is it as good quality as the OEM steering wheel leather? Which I reckon is quite decent...

For the person who has EVERYTHING (Dave) a great mod!
Its just the angle the picture is taken. The quality of leather on J's (and the stitching) is far better than OEM in my opinion!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Its probably the angle of the picture ( My communications guy is no David Bailey lol!) Its a beauty , mega high quality - The leather on mine is still awesome and Ive done a kajillion miles gripping it like a loony!
I'm no David Bailey but if you want me to take some more pictures of it I can, took these the other day:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
That is awesome David... Although I hate to tell you you're one step away from a J's tatoo now. Like Caroline although she refuses to comment where hers is :D

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alex..I told you about that Tattoooooooo in confidence ..:facepalm: LOL!! Im too wimpy for a tat!
That is awesome David... Although I hate to tell you you're one step away from a J's tatoo now. Like Caroline although she refuses to comment where hers is :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Alex..I told you about that Tattoooooooo in confidence ..:facepalm: LOL!! Im too wimpy for a tat!
I thought you showed me that tatoo in confidence... :worms: LOL

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Came across some more info on the steering wheel on the J's USA website:

Uncompromised 350mm

J's Racing "Sport Steering Series" was created with ease of use and excellent gripping feel as the top priority after gathering enormous data on the actual racing and test runs.

The optimum gripping feel is realized by improving the shortcomings of the stock steering wheel like "weak grip" and "uncomfortable grip" with the emphasis on the confidence.
The well though out steering shape minimizes a sense of fatigue even at a long endurance race and the driver can feel its considerable benefit on a long street driving.
The diameter of the steering wheel is set at 350mm compared to the stock size of 365mm.

Please note that the smaller diameter might reduce the visibility of the gauges and might change the accessibility to blinker and wiper control.

Compatible with the stock air bag

The sport steering is compatible with all the Honda stock parts from the SRS module (air bag), paddle shifter, to the audio & navigation switches. It can be recommend to any customer who felt uneasiness on the conventional aftermarket steering wheel.

* this steering wheel does not add the paddle shift capability on the vehicle originally without the paddle shift.
* the air bag installment could be dangerous and has to be performed by an experienced mechanic.

Superior Italian leather

The high-grade Italian leather is used as the material. Furthermore, for a better breathing the punched (air) leather is utilized on the constant contact area (9 and 3 o'clock area). A buckskin model is also available which provide a perfect fit for the drives with driving
gloves.
A carbon model is made of twilled carbon. Our carbon model presents a great harmony between competitiveness and luxury.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts