2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a weird one, I bought my CTR 07 earlier this year and have had the front brakes and discs replaced twice already for juddering. The last time they were replaced was middle of September and they are juddering again, so I need to take it back to the garage to get them to fix it. They were saying the juddering was coming from defective parts and also that the rear brakes and discs needed replaced but I had it checked by 2 independent garages and they both said they were fine.

Any ideas as to why this will be the 3rd time in 8 months I need to get these replaced, there has to be another issue as to why this is happening which his nothing to do with defective discs and pads.

As always thanks for any advice

Mikey

·
Registered
629 Posts
Have u checked the calipers are not seizing slowly because this happened to me couldn't work it out why they were lasting only 6months they were getting warped slowly

Sent from my T02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know, I would assume that they did. However the previous MOT did state

front brake fluctuating, but not excessively both (3.7.B.3)

which might be why I am getting juddering but once the new discs and pads are fitted you don't feel anything.

Are CTR's difficult to fit discs and pads???

·
Registered
629 Posts
If they don't re Tain back and when slowly pumping the pedal get some one to see if the pistons moves out freely not judder stop each time .

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that, I might mention to them to have a look at that which seems ridiculous to me having to explain to a well known garage dealer how to do their job!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yep dealer didn't even know what rubber coupling was on rear springs took 12mins to explain what they were .. ?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys,

more on the on-going brake/disc saga. I have the car back at the dealers who have said it is the last time they will replace the discs and pads. They will only replace them with non genuine parts which are what they are saying is causing the problem in the first place. I mentioned to the service receptionist that I have been speaking to you guys and to check the calipers but I get the impression they are not interested. I said that if the non genuine parts are causing the issue then why replace them again and especially if the problem will happen again. They said they would fit genuine Honda parts but I would have to pay for it and it would fix the problem. Also it would cost me £200+ for the front alone.

I then said to her that the problem with the juddering as been there since I got the car and I would not have purchased it knowing that this would be such a problem but if they were not going to fix it properly I would be forced to take it further.

What a joke this is!!!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Is it the same dealer that sold you the car? As already mentioned, make sure you haven't got a sticky caliper. The discs and hubs need to be checked for runout using a DTI.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is the same dealer I bought the car from. I am really annoyed that they haven't and are reluctant to fix the issue or even investigate it further but if it does continue then I will have to get CAB on board.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I wouldn't be a happy bunny with that. They need to investigate it fully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts