2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have noticed on startup from a cold engine the car feels a bit jerky whilst moving in 1st and 2nd gear (I know that its definitely not my driving). Just wondering whether this is normal?

After a few miles the car feels smooth again.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
This has been posted many times, can I ask where are you buying your fuel and is it Super Unleaded or just your bog standard 95?

Only reason I ask is that guys that have or had been using your supermarket stuff and normal 95 noted this but after giving the engine a clean through with BP Ultimate or V Power noticed that this stopped happening

·
Wigan Warriors
1,052 Posts
Engines cold that’s all. Its does it in mine sometimes with 97 Ron or 98 Ron ( don’t do 95) …… bet you’re a bit jumpy when your cold. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm using v-power at the moment

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Does it only happen in the cold weather?

If it does, its nothing untoward, the engine runs a bit faster on startup that's all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes mostly in the cold, it idles at about 2k.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My type r does the same - little better if you turn the climate/aircon off, don't use supermarket fuel but it varies between 95,97 & 98 does not make a difference which one i use, just a quirk of the car

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yep, don't worry about it. I use V-Power, but the car still jerks a little when first starting off in the morning. Goes away after a couple of mins, tops.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
could also be the way the accelerator works, with it being a wire.. the slightest decrease in your foot force, or increase when cruising can seem to cause jolts.
aircon does affect also

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I used to have this problem but no longer get it after fitting a HAMP oil filter and amsoil 0w30 series 2000 oil. I also have a HKS panel filter but thats all running wise and there is absolutely no kangaroo mornings anymore. or maybe i just got lucky who knows.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
What I would say is if you find that the car cuts out an stalls on you then you have to go to the dealer because there could be an issue with the drive by wire plates or it could need a system update.

I had this issue with a Mini when it was cold in the mornings and it needed a software upgrade because it cut out at 20mph and did it whilst crossing a busy road in the morning. The dealership couldn't find anything until it was left with them overnight and when they were moving it into the garage in the morning to put it on the diagnositcs system, it cut out on the guy driving it. Was also an issue seen in Volovs before too.

I don't have an issue with a Jumpy CTR in the morning, if I did then I would be keeping an eye on it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts