2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Just a little retrospect after my first six months - 10000 km.

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Wander 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, here's my little review;

Today I passed my first 6 months as a civicowner. :)
I picked ut up at the dealer 31st of may.
I ordered it with the rear view cam and detachable towbar as a part of the deal with the rest of the car. Later I added blue ambient light, colour coded rear spoiler and the door sill plates from the option list. (For full details see signature)
The rear view cam is (in addition to the high fun factor) a very useful tool. Needs frequent cleaning though throughout the worst road salting periods, but that goes for the rest of the car too.

So, how has it been :?::?::?:

Well, actually there is not much to complain about, really.
The civ has by far been a very pleasant acquaintance. (so far.)
The car is great fun to drive, it (still) puts a big smile on my face quite often. It handles great, the steering response feels good and precisely, and the brakes is superb. The brake discs seems to be very well dimensioned. The fuel consumption is promising, too. Quite often I take the civic over the mountan passes between Bergen where I live, and Oslo. At the highest point it is about 1200 meters above sea level. The civ handles great on winter conditions too, the ride is surprisingly safe and convincing. I love driving it on snow and ice. [smilie=cheeky-grin:
The voice controlled sat-nav system is great, at least the parts of it I usually employ. The voice control system allowes you to ask the woman hidden somewhere in the car (glove compartment, lol) almost everything, like 'what's the time' or 'find nearest china restaurant' for those of you who hasn't got the sat- nav version. Great fun!

I guess the question you want answered now is;
Hasn't there been any kind of problems at all with the car so far :?::?::?:

Not many actually, but there has been a few.
The most annoying one is the boot lid.
It is somehow way too hard to close. I believe there is a little misalignment somewhere, have not managed to figure out exactly where, though.:mad:
I have to use force to close it properly, otherwise it won't lock. :( A bit better now than it used to be in the very early days though, but still annoying. I'm constantly afraid of the rear lamps to break when slamming the hatch like that.
And of course there is an issue with the famous fuel filler cap. It opens every time, but just barely. I'll get both issues sorted when the first service comes up in the spring. [smilie=cheeky-grin:
Apart from the above mentioned, there hasn't been much really.
So far I hasn't got any of the well known problems many of the members on here have struggled with. (lucky me, lol) :cool:
No rattles and no squeaking shock absorbers or suspension problems, fortunately. Neither do I have something especially to report regarding the paint quality, either. We'll se after the winter season is finished. Tough climate here in Norway, as you know, lol. But so far not many (if any) stone chips on the paint. But unfortunately I've got two in the windscreen, caused by passing lorries. (d***ed) :mad: It might has to be changed.

Attempt of a conclusion must be as follows;

Overall I'm very satisfied with my car.
It is great to look at and great to drive.
There is an issue or two that could have been better, of course, but that's the same with any car. ( there isn't such a thing as a perfect car, not even if it is named Bugatti veyron, lol.)
Would I buy another Honda? Definetely. No doubt.
Well, that must be it, I rather prefer to go for a spin, lol. :cool:

See less See more
#5 ·
Had our beauty since 13th May and it has proved to be wonderful in every respect and totally faultless, and I look for every excuse to take it out for a drive. I think I`m in love :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#3 ·
Good review, only had mine about half the time you have, but I am equaly satisfied.
As you say, I am sure there are people who moan on Veryrifo.com too.

Regarding the closing of the boot, screw in the two rubber thingys a little and it will close more easily.

#17 ·
Good review, only had mine about half the time you have, but I am equaly satisfied.
As you say, I am sure there are people who moan on Veryrifo.com too.

Regarding the closing of the boot, screw in the two rubber thingys a little and it will close more easily.
Nice to see we have really techincal people on here to help with all our problems (rubber thingys) no offence it just made me smile.:D

#6 ·
Great review Amronno. Pleased to hear you have had no real problems in 6 months of ownership. Also I have to say that your english is superb better than some for whom it is their first language.

I have had no problems with my boot closing but find it very large. Please no one laugh at this - promise...... but yesterday whilst wearing a water proof jacket with the hood up in the pouring rain I reached up to shut the boot lid and because the hood obscured my vision I managed to whack myself with it really hard across my nose owwwww! Then later being careful to avoid doing it again hit myself even harder on the top of my head.:oops: Perhaps my car doesn't love me as much as I love it:?:

Hope you have many more miles of happy motoring:)

#8 · (Edited)
Good to hear Amronno's review and his satisfaction with his car!

Just got in after a 300 mile approx.trip Notts to Heathrow and back.The car-2.2 Type S has been a pleasure to drive and has shown to be uncannily quiet and refined.The car just wants to go go go:D

#11 ·
It's been 17 months and almost 30000 km. by now, after I got my UFO. Quite satisfied, one serious thing is the I-shift delay, which I am looking forward to the recall for upgrading the software. I got used to shifting to manual mode though...
Other small issues, I can say, I would appreciate folding mirrors after locking the door; and listening to music with the ignition off.
Overall, it is a most satisfying car in terms of comfort, economy and power when required. Thumbs up on my side!

#20 ·
Open your boot and they're on the left and right sides of the boot-door (what's it called in english?). They keep the boot-door from bouncing around when you drive and also absorb the impact from slamming the boot-door shut.

Don't turn these to much out or in, either the boot won't shut properly, or the boot will bounce around while driving.

#19 ·
Nice rewiew amronno! Im as happy as you after doing 1800km in 1,5 weeks ;)

Allthough have a couple of stonechpis on the hood, but on NHB it shows really well...
Allso have the same problem as you, but that is the hood, have to use force and im afraid to do that cus i might get the hood damaged... Isnt it supposed to lock when you drop it from a small height?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.