2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na Got a special from my dealer but there's not much to it - Centre area is just stuck onto existing perspex and the edges have two metal brackets that go around the tailgate edge and screw into two holes inside tailgate recess - will photograph fixing if you want

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I like it - really quite subtle.....

I'm still thinking that it'll only really have the desired effect on a 'Colour' car though, such as yours......just don't really see the point for my Nighthawk Black...... :roll:

As I said though, it looks great on yours.... :D 8)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was in the right place at the right time, my local dealer had ordered it in for their demo car but sold/transferred the car before it was fitted. I happened to enquire about a spoiler when my car was in for some warranty work and they by pure luck had this spoiler in stock and in my colour, it was offered for half the retail price fitted £125 - apparently they didnt want it hanging around, said it would become damaged in their store.
So how do you think it looks?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mark I agree, I originally spotted it on a nighthawk black civic and was not that impressed - see my posted photo in gallery under "Rear Spoiler", but when this one was offered up to my car in the workshop by the dealer and at this special price I had to go for it.

By the way do you live permanently in the Algarve - bet the aircon gets a thrashing!

See from your profile AppleMacs rate highly with you - ditto

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Yes mate, I'm permanantly over here, except for 5 weeks holiday every year when I........yeah you guessed it, go back to England!!!!

I still have family over there (Kent and Merseyside), and the Wife still has LOTS of family in the Notts area......

You're right about the air-con too.......constantly on 'LO' setting with about 4 notches up the scale from day 1!!!!!

Its SERIOUSLY hot over here at the mo - I got in the car the other day and the outside temp thing said it was 42!!!!! Although it did drop to about 36 when I was driving for about 5 minutes........

It's nice to have the Leather in my car, but I've gotta be honest, I don't reckon the Heating in them is gonna get much use!!!! Can't say I've even flicked the switch to see if that bit works!!!!!

Shame they can't cool as well as heat!!!!!

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Oh yeah, and I currently have 2 Apples.......a 12" G4 Powerbook, and a Mac mini which looks awesome connected to my Plasma via DVi in the front room!!!!!!

I have a new Mac Book Pro on order at the mo though, so the Powerbook has to go....... :wink: :wink: I think I'll be eBaying it soon...... :wink: :wink: :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I was considering the spoiler, I think I might talk to the dealer next week. Do you think it could be fitted DIY?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should be no problem fitting it yourself - will post photo of fixing brackets under the tailgate tomorrow.

And Mark I am still using my ageing PowerBook 15" G4 - due to upgrade to MacBook Pro, just waiting to see if any new annoucements at the WWDC next month. Do envy you living in the Algarve, maybe one day!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tailgate spoiler fixing bracket

Two photo's showing tailgate spoiler edge fixing brackets from above and below.

I think the fixing holes are predrilled (if someone can confirm as I cant remember seeing the area before fitment).
The centre section of the spoiler is just bonded to existing perspex spoiler with double sided stickie tape/pads.

Cautionary Note
If thinking of DIY which I think is straight forward enough, just be aware that the gap between the bracket and the bodywork is tight,
dont go slamming the tailgate down until your sure their is clearance!
My dealer got it wrong and had to touch in a contact point.

Hope this helps and good luck to any DIYers

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
ive got a black car so obviously a black spoiler is pointless.
- but what about another colour?
- primarily silver as it may look good.

·
Registered
430 Posts
sco77harris said:
ive got a black car so obviously a black spoiler is pointless.
- but what about another colour?
- primarily silver as it may look good.

Hmmm. How about Red???

I think we need a photoshop expert.

·
Registered
975 Posts
exactly what i was thinking.

in theory could look amazing - but in practice not.

so photoshop would be good here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am getting a Promo2 Sport which has the spoiler and front fogs as standard, doesn't look at all bad :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's DjDiez from the Spanish www.clubhondacivic.com forum.

I read you need some photoshop...and here i am! ....i'm not a master of the graphical retouching but i think you can get the idea of the image :D

I'think it could look better on a black civic...but I haven't any photo of a black one with spoiler...however I prefer the spoiler in the car color :D

Greets from Spain!! 8)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts