2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I was down at TDI North on saturday getting the following fitted:

Milltek Catback, RRC Manifold, GM Intake, Shortshifter and FlashPRO tuning.

Firstly I would like to thank all at TDI for the superb service and friendly banter i received when i was down...not to mention a shed load of info from the various questions i had.

P.S...if Paul has the skyline with him when your there, as tempting as it is, dont go in it with him (way too much :D:D:D:D:D goin on in that thing)...because it'll ruin your drive home lol

OK lets get down to the most important thing...after the remap the car peaked on the first few runs at 230bhp with over 160lb/ft (cant remember the figure exactly) of torque! I was very impressed with the gains and the figures...however as we all know top-end doesnt really mean much as you only ever hit it for a split second!

Across the mid-range is where the biggest gains are had...and theres plenty of :D:D:D to be had from it! Vtec comes in at 3500rpm and gives a very smooth delivery of power right up until around 5000rpm when the car starts to pull harder then a big surge at 6000rpm (where peak torque is) takes me up to around 8600rpm. The car is now hitting between 180-200bhp across the mid-range (dont know what stock is:confused:) which then fires you up to the 230bhp top-end figure!

with regards to the individual parts:

Milltek - I was extremely surprised at how good this thing sounds...i was expecting a loud BBBUUUUURRRRR but it has a very nice purr at idle, then tbh is not much louder than stock until you hit vtec then it just explodes and gives off a very nice grunt/growl - very impressed

GM - aside from being a bit of engine bling, it definitly helps the cold air feed into the engine and well worth the extra cash IMO...in terms of noise it is virtually unchanged from stock (which i like).

Shortshifter - I have coupled this with a heavy(ish) skunk2 knob which seems to complement it well...gear changes seem sharper and smoother than, what is already a very slick stock shifter.

RRC - not really sure what effect this has aside from providing a bit of extra power! the shape of it certainly suggests that it is far less restrictive than the OEM one.

Overall the car feels very different, far more urgent and grunty and pulls far better right across the rev range in all gears the way it probably should've left the factory, but to get the maximum potential out of these mods I would definitly say that flashpro tuning is essential and also helps to give a far smoother delivery of power! plus the car now gives a good 4-5mpg extra (which i know doesnt sound a lot but thats 55 miles over the course of a tank!)

Hope this helps anyone having a think about it!

cheers

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yeh it's fantastic fun, it really has brought the car to life and brought the thrill back...as for costs yeh it's not cheap to do it all at the one time but as it's £100 worth of fuel to get there and back it's better to do a load at a time

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to add to the above...while it's not cheap I do think it's been worthwhile and i think when you see the all the work that was put in to fit and map it and the results at the end you can see why it ain't cheap

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
what did you do for the 9 hours. hope there is a mcdonalds or some other food outlet near lol.

Sounds like a good idea about getting it all at once though. Still trying to decide if i should go for the Mugen front bumper or the remap and afew other bits.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
230bhp is very good with OEM exhaust manifold and catalyst:D

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
thats excellent, I'm heading down to see em shortly for Fleshpro and tuning. Woohoo!

·
The quest for perfection!
666 Posts
DPG, when i first looked at your avatar a few weeks back i thought you saw the dark side and was buying a diesel. But my respect for you has grown !!!! :)

Where is TDI anyway????

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just stood about and spoke to the guys there they are all very sociable...then we had a laugh at the weird Irish guy and I had a look at the time attack car!

Noll: yeh I'm impressed with it, I think you could expect a good bit more with a race manifold but don't fancy the emissions bother

kimo: that's excellent mate you'll need to let us know how you get on I'm sure you'll won't be disappointed!

Me in a diesel?? Lol I'll crack the jokes

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Hey mate,

Firstly...WOW excellent results. But im happy for you as i know you have been waiting a long, long time for this, and your faith in the fn2 II has paid dividens. Truely great figures. Im very, very jealous matey, well enjoy....just in time for the lovley weather :worms: Milano FTW ;)

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol cheers luke...I knew the fn2 had the potential for great things...it already looks great but just needed a bit of encouragement under the bonnet! Oh definitly it's milano FTW every time lol goin back down next month for the CF bonnet :)

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
haha, cool mate, looking forward to the pics!!!

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
nice one mate, i was over with paul in march and like you said, a fantastic service given by them, cant wait to get back again soon.
i love my short shifter, and have the skunk2 gear knob, definately a good pairing.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
wa hey dave..well done..by the way- who won between you and your friend the other night?;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts