2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll put some piccys up tomorrow. Basically I bought a cheap ass blue generic 'start' button, replaced the red face with the blue (a piece of plastic!) and while the thing was out I am going to wire a clear LED.

My sticking point it where to tap the power from for this: footwell lights (so off when driving) or the dash lights so on all time? If I were clever I could make the brightness match the dash when you turn it up/down...

Does anyone know where to tap the power for the dash out of interest???

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Looks good. But personally i *** always preffer a big RED starter button

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FleaBay

I had intended to replace the whole thing, but looked at the wiring and couldn't be bothered. So i just removed the blue plastic cover and replaced that for the existing red one (which pops off, but you need to take the whole module out). Bout £8. The are just about a perfect match, to I have a perfectly good starter button module in red sitting on my desk!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice! never gave that a though , changing my start button. Looks nice though! very creative for you to come up with that idea!
You gave me an idea to change mine in green, if i can find one!LOL that sounds cool to me. Though im not familiar with the electrical part as well,updates on this post will help me with my own project too. keep me posted!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.