1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just bought this:-

But seem to have a problem with the dash display for the radio

My dad has a 57 plate and has a problem also.

Mine is some of the display is dull and some bright when you first start it then when pressing button for heater or put the stereo on it comes back on.

My dads sometimes is very faint and then comes back on normal for a month or so then does the same thing again,

Anyone else have the same problem?

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
There is a brightness button on the dash, left hand of the gauges, you can turn it all the way down at night so it does not glare, if you forget to turn it back up then it looks as though your dash has disappeared in the daytime.
Nt sure if it has an autho setting and the default is too low.
Could be this ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought so but alot of people have the same problem so must be a common fault. any replaced one of these as it looks abit of a ball ache to remove.

·
JimJim
15 Posts
Welcome to the club as lots of us all round the world have the same problem which can apparently be fixed by resoldering the LCD pins see http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/96890-clock-radio-backlight-problem.html not done this myself yet as my problem only occurs with outside temp of 18C or more and does not happen in winter so I am sceptical of the resoldering. There is another fix which I came across but cannot now find which is to replace some electronics in the head unit thet regulate its temperature. Looks techy but sounds more feasible given unit temp thing. If anyone can find it please let us know meanwhile I will keep looking but there is lots and lots of these queries on the site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts