2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my first Honda, a Milano red 59 plate Civic Type S GT that has color coded wheel arches.

One of the arches had a scratch that the dealer promised to repair. After getting the car noticed that it was still there so they had a smart repair done which has gone horribly wrong. The paint match and finish is poor and they have now agreed to have it done properly at the body shop.

My question is;
The dealer says that the arches don't come ready painted but having rang my local dealer they say that they do come painted at £76.50. Does anyone know whos right?

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
normally arches are around £75 painted. you can pick an arch from ebay for about £45 brand new.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are wrong, the 1.8 and 2.2 MY09 type S has colour coded arches (1.4 is not colour coded)
My 59 Type S does have colour coded arches, but can you buy them ready painted or do you have to buy them in grey plastic and then have them painted?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Seeing they come of the factory colour coded you'll be able to buy them like that. Get the dealer to check the codes as there will be different codes for non colour coded (1.4 or pre-MY09) and colour coded.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wheel arch replaced for a new colour coded one.... is now as good as new. They should have done this in the first place. I'm happy now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wheel arch replaced for a new colour coded one.... is now as good as new. They should have done this in the first place. I'm happy now.
I have the colour coded wheel arches on my Type-S GT as well on a 07 ,and had the same prop,but was sorted,as you say should have been done in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts