2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Just bought a 2007 CTR, and i'm a little worried

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  adam_17007 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just registered here because yesterday i pulled the trigger on a 2007 Type R FN2. Now I'm starting to worry about this known 3rd gear issue that occasionally occured on the 2007 cars. How common is this problem and are there any stats about how many cars were affected? However i test drived it for about 30 mins and i felt nothing wrong in the gear box. But should i need to be worried?

Best regards

#5 ·
Dependant on the mileage a 12 year old car should have presented this problem by now I would have thought. Good advice above about get the gearbox oil replaced though.

Reactions: Spearhead
#6 ·
Every car I've had was a little notchy going from 2nd to 3rd gear.
Unless it keeps popping out of gear after you change up then there should be no problem, like everyone has said get the gearbox oil changed - even Honda only charge £85 to do it.
Honda service interval for change is 8 years, check the service history if you got one.

#8 ·
Thanks everyone! Good advice to change the gearbox oil.
The car also has around 163 000 km on the meter (around 100k miles i believe), is this risky for this kind of car? I thought the car looked remarkably fresh however and it looked really nice under the hood too, but i think the dealer had put some time into cleaning and polishing it up a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.