2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one of the replicas from the UK sellers on eBay. They come with fittings instructions and am going down the drilling and bolting on route.

Anyone bought ones of these and fitted using the supplied bolts? Any additional hints other then the instructions supplied? I wont be doing the work, the guy who's painting it (experienced bodyshop friend) ill be as im useless!

Also anyone in Bristol/Bath area who is looking at fitting a spoiler and wants someone to paint/fit it for you let me know ;) )

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
They will probably give you two bolts for the ends... I have these but I am not using them, they look poor quality and untrustworthy to me. I am just going to bond it on using Sikaflex 255 (windscreen and bodykit sealant)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
my last tube of sikaflex has dried up... where can I get tiger seal from? preferably shop so I can pick up and bond on this weekend?

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Anyone know if they do tiger seal in smaller tubes. As I use it now and again on small jobs but every time I go use it, it has dried up and have to buy another large tube

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Do what im doin nick it from work lol well sikaflex

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I wish I could smig - but I work in an office!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hummm but what if you get a crack or chip etc on it (unlikely i know, but possible surely..) and it needs to come off? When its sealed on its on for good...?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Hummm but what if you get a crack or chip etc on it (unlikely i know, but possible surely..) and it needs to come off? When its sealed on its on for good...?
You can remove the spoiler (in one piece - using fishing line) after its been bonded on although it is some effort to clean the residual gunk off.

Reactions: Spyke

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
pritstick, sellotape or blu-tack!
Or a combination!!!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
you forgot staples lol anyway how long does sikaflex take to cure

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hummm tempted by the sealant now! Theres lots of different types of sikaflex, are all the tigerseal's the same?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Sikaflex 255 - Windscreens and Bodykits

Takes a few hours to go off hard but initial grip is strong.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is and kind of clamping or weighing down needed? or is the weight of the spoiler enough to keep it tight to the car while it cures?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Put a cloth over it and stick some heavy items on top
(according to LeeCS)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.