2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought my first car: a 2008 Civic 1.8 i-Vtec Sport 5d and loving it!

Will soon try to install a XCarLink 2 for the aux input. Scary stuff for someone who's never tried this kind of stuff but I've found a great guide on this very forum and hopefully everything will go well :p Is there by any chance someone from Helsinki with relevant experience willing to lend a hand? I would of course pay for the troubles :)

This forum seems to be home of the best community for civic owners on the web so glad to be here :)

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum and great choice of first car, better than my first car which was a metro

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from across the creek!

The xcarlink installation procedure is very simple. Don't worry about it.
Thanks for the words of encouragement :) I'm actually not worried about the electronics part since it's only about connecting 1 cable really but I'm afraid to break the trim. Is it easy to break it if you force it in the wrong direction? And that might be a stupid question but do you think cold weather can make it easy to snap? :confused: I'll be ordering it soon so there's no way out :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
You may do it after a drive when the heater is on and the dashboard hot from inside out. The dash clips are relatively strong, I've never broken any in any car. The door trim is another story.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts