2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our house just got a 2.2lt diesel Honda Civic EX-GT 2008 dealer car : 7000miles on clock has sat nav, 18" alloys, we got leather seating done, rear sensors and just about everything else u can think of (bar panormic roof and heated seats) for £15500 I only just found this forum and u guys seem legit, so really.. good deal right? also a few things I noticed: 1) /baw no panoramic roof makes me sad 2) leather seating done after (even if it's proper honda leather) doesnt include the back of the front seats for some god awful reason. is it possible to get the rest of the seat done? 3) the gear stick does improve right? I drove a lot of civics and the 2000 Civic I have with the gearbox on the dash seems like an infinatly smoother change 4) is it hard to change the appearance of the gearbox? it's pretty ugly.. 5) the brakes.. are feeling a lot softer than when we test drove it.. should I get them looked into? I've driven other makes of cars and in a mercedes for example, I've noticed the brakes are sharper.. this new civic I got.. damn well slamming the brakes jst to slow down 6) is it possible to personialise the noises and voice of the sat nav? cheers~ I'll get pictures tommorrow

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

Congrats on the car :)

Take a look at the styling section where there are some options regarding the gearbox appearance.

Regarding the seats, I am not sure, but you could always check out Transform leather and see what they can do.

I look forward to seeing the pics

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and it sounds like you got a great value spaceship.

Don't believe you can vary the Sat Nav voice - unless I missed it in that whopping great manual. May be worth asking to drive another demo to compare the brakes; it could be just your recollection, but you might have probs - better safe than sorry!

Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks for the welcome guys, as I said, whether u want em or not PICCIES!:

comparing the interior to a spaceship aint half wrong lol
I'll be trolling these forums to learn what I can from now on, but I still worry about the gearbox.. brakes I can live with.. but that gear shift.. so clunky.. I miss the old civics dashboard gearbox ;;

I still have my old civic too.. looks depressing sitting next to our new one ;;

that 2001 X reg civic was the best car I ever had.. I'll never sell it if I dont have to :p

thanks again for the welomce
gosh~

PS: I suck at golf and didnt enjoy it. wont be doin that again lol

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Nice pics of the car :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts