2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am going to replace my front tyres in the next few days and was just wondering if i should stick with Bridgestone or go for something else.

18" standard type-r alloys

Any advice appreciated:)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi guys,

I am going to replace my front tyres in the next few days and was just wondering if i should stick with Bridgestone or go for something else.

Aren't you bothered about keeping all four the same make.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really...when the back ones go i will change them to the same as on the front

Does it make a difference????

:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I put T1-R's on the front of my Civic. Turriff Tyres should be able to do them at a very good price. :)

Also have a look at the Goodyear F1's.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put T1-R's on the front of my Civic. Turriff Tyres should be able to do them at a very good price. :)

Also have a look at the Goodyear F1's.
Yeah....i always use Turriff Tyres....they always seem to be just a cheap as qwik fit and co.

Just shows what a con all these special offers are

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Have you tried the net for tyres they are usually free delivery and you can get your local tyre centre to fit them at a small cost. chrome tyre valves are also available from ebay and look awsome. i would strongly recommend the falken FK452 tyres they are A rated and run upto 186mph 10mm tread depth and are ultra high performance. i have used them on my scooby and lexus and they have never let go in any weather yet. the cost is the good part only £61 pounds each so you could change all four for the price of two T1Rs which are not as good. they also seem to last very well. dont let the name put you off Falken is part of the goodyear/dunlop rubber company, a little inside info for you. try here these are the cheapest and they also sell many other brands good luck FALKEN TYRES / CAR / FALKEN FK452 FALKEN FK 452 - 225/40R18 92Y XL : £61.00 : Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres : R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40 R 18 -

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi guys,

How many miles have you done? Ive done 17000 on the standard tyres Bridgestones and the fronts are only half worn, I thought this was very good thought I'd be replacing them before now

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many miles have you done? Ive done 17000 on the standard tyres Bridgestones and the fronts are only half worn, I thought this was very good thought I'd be replacing them before now
yeah....im am totally impressed with how well they have lasted, its not as though i have been taking it too easy either

I have done 19750........and i would say there is a still couple of thousand left on them.

Im gonna change before they are too warn though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Luckily I only use the car at the weekends, so tire wear shoudln't be a big issue in the three years i'm going to have the car. How much are you looking at for a tire?

·
Registered
99 Posts
A mate of mine is in the motor engineering trade and he reckons you should always stick to the original tyres types as those are usually the ones the car has been test driven with by Honda.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
A mate of mine is in the motor engineering trade and he reckons you should always stick to the original tyres types as those are usually the ones the car has been test driven with by Honda.
This would be a safe bet, you said it yourself that they’ve lasted well but it does depend on what you’re after from your tyre.

The tires that Honda supply as standard on the car will obviously have been rigorously test driven by Honda, and will indeed offer a good 'all round performance' although this doesn't definitely make them the best tyre for the car, bear in mind that Honda will make their decision based on price as well as performance and will choose a tyre that not only offers them safe and decent performance for the car but also the best nett purchase price given the volumes they will order.

If you’re after a really good performance tyre and you want to spend the money then the Yoko/Toyo route would most likely give you the best grip but will no doubt wear faster due to generally softer rubber.

I had a set of Yoko’s on my last Civic and they served me very well. I’ve got Pirelli’s on this one and they don’t seem anywhere near as good, i'm quite dissapointed with them overall as they aren't lasting very long either.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Expensive but the best Ive used - Pirelli P Zero. Got 15000 miles out of last set on the Volvo C30 n that was driven quite hard. The soft sticky grip lasts for most life of tyres price but their about £160 each - not so cool but i think its worth it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh & i would avoid michelin - had them on my old A3 and after around 6000 miles they just let go with absolutely no grip to offer - expensive & crap

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Toyo Proxies T1(R) are what I've used on me cars for years, and I chose them because my Delta HF had them on when I bought it.

Again not cheap, and softer compound than the OEM ones, but hey, you get what you pay for. Oh and as to why the R's come with Bridgestones, might have something to do with the F1 car running them.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Fair point. But what if you don't rate the tyres that came on it? I can't wait till I have to change mine (Hankook evo S1s). They just don't like hard cornering and feel like a very 'hard' tyre - if you know what I mean. I used to have Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3s on my 2.0T vRS and they were brilliant. Has anyone tried the new Eagle F1 Asymmetric?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts