2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And... is this true?

Some of the new features states:

Active Noise Cancellation that lowers low frequency Engine/road noises by as much as -10dB?

Completely new constructed 6-speed gearbox?

Springs and EPS system has been improved to make it more stable.

I'm not sure if they are referring to the 8g or the 9g 2012... ?

I can live with softer springs as they are easy to replace down the line but the ANC system entrigues me and would know if it's only available in the 1,6?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
yes its true and yes its just in the 1.6 iDTEC variants of the car as they are the ones that have had the balancer shaft removed for the drive system. Alot of the 1.6 elements have been re-designed as the car is approximately 50 kilos lighter than other variants hence the drive and balance dynamics are alot different.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the model comparison list the 1, 8 is still lighter and faster.
But DAMN about that noise cancellation. I want that!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
According to the model comparison list the 1, 8 is still lighter and faster.
But DAMN about that noise cancellation. I want that!
You dont need it... the 1.8 is just as quiet! the 1.6 has to have otherwise it would be too noisy... ANC just brings it to the level of the other models and is cheaper/more efficient than adding loads and loads of sound deadening.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You dont need it... the 1.8 is just as quiet! the 1.6 has to have otherwise it would be too noisy... ANC just brings it to the level of the other models and is cheaper/more efficient than adding loads and loads of sound deadening.
Sound deadening adds weight of course and would increase fuel consumption marginally.

I believe that ANC is used in the Honda Legend as well.

If you decided to change to an aftermaket sound system, the ANC feature would be disabled would it not?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Diesel is always nosier than Petrol although they're a lot quieter now than they used to be. Hence the extra sound measures.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Sound deadening adds weight of course and would increase fuel consumption marginally.

I believe that ANC is used in the Honda Legend as well.

If you decided to change to an aftermaket sound system, the ANC feature would be disabled would it not?
Yes, a lot of US Acura/Honda models do. Not sure if it would be dissabled as it's normally a processor box with a mic and a sends an opposite waveform to a speaker (not sure if its via the HU though on Honda's)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love this Tech stuff :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts