2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car on saturday morning, went through all the handover stuff that we go through with dealers.

The car is pretty much everything you read and see on here,

looks great - as good as the pictures you see and the interiors is laid out just as well as has been said! functions are great, HFT is good fun, although i can see where the complaints stem from! That being said, i still enjoyed using it (and showing off just a tiny bit ;)). The sat nav is fine from what i've seen so far, i've been using a tomtom on my xda and i'm only comparing it to that. Everyone that jumps in so far has mention about it being futureistic/spaceship-like/cockpit-like etc.....

Drives well - Albeit the suspension really is quite hard but i knew of that before buying the car, the harder suspension does help in the handling of the car and it grips very well to the road! could be added help from the alloys (which also adds to the bumpiness of the ride!)

one thing i find a bit strange, is when driving slowly i.e parking up and braking etc, i can hear what sounds like liquidswishing around from the back of the car. After filling up (and it is quite a noisy event!), i suspect that its the diesel flying around the tank. Does anyone else notice this?

but as an ultimatum the car's short review .....I LOVE IT! I will be putting up more details to the review and pics! later on today hopefully. I'm now looking around for car mats, i may have found some.

p.s. reasons for such a short review, i've only driven the car for about 1 hr in total so far, i was on 24 hr support (Im a Network engineer) this weekend and there happened to be 2 high priority calls that took me 14hrs to fix in total! so time was short but i'll put it through its paces over the next few days and see what i find!

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
The sound of liquid you hear is the fuel sloshing about in the tank. There has been some threads asking that question before.

Glad you are enjoying the car, the novelty of the dashboard wont wear off, its fantastic!

All we need now are some pictures!:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures willbe up this evening hopefully :)

I've never heard that noise in a car before, think thats a minor gripe that could have been avoided. Doesn't take away from the excellence of the car however.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Its due to the fuel tank being under the front seats, normally its towards the back of a car. The advantage of the Civic's layout is the Magic Rear Seats, there's just so much more storage space.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your car!

Looking forward to the pictures!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Re the "swishing in the back" ... have you also checked for 'doors filled with water' ? ...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are in doubt, make sure the bungs are out!

Nice little poem there!;)
Did you come with that all on your own? :eek: ;)

Im still looking for mats, i dont want to order ones that wont fit or wont go onto the little plug things on the floor!

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Pictures willbe up this evening hopefully :)

I've never heard that noise in a car before, think thats a minor gripe that could have been avoided. Doesn't take away from the excellence of the car however.
We are still waiting for pics mate :rolleyes: The only excuse acceptable for not getting pictures up is if you have been driving your car all this time [smilie=cheeky-grin: (Or if you have indeed put them up and I have missed out on that post) :oops:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is actually an excuse......I've lost my phone (camera-phone)! the only reason i'm not overwhelmed with sorrow is because.......i've been driving my car! :)

I know where the phone is now, thanks to a courtesy call from my brother.

'Never fear, the pics will be here'

(you're not the only one with talent WC ;):D)

·
Blade Runner
439 Posts
Going to have to wait til after work! I will not let you guys down, there will be pics soon!
You consider work to be more important that taking pic of your spaceship !! :confused: :rolleyes:[smilie=nope.gif] thats so wrong !! ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see your point, work is only the insignificant thing that funded my spaceship....dont know why i bother with work at all [smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts