2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 57 reg 2.2 sport with 13k on the clock tonight.

I also own a 08 reg focus 1.8tdci and have just part exed my Fiesta ST for the civic.
So im going to use these cars as a basis for comparing.

Performance
Of the mark its quicker than the focus but not as quick as the ST, it simply does not have the instant acceleration.
However mid range its at least a match for the ST and pisses on the focus.

Handling
To be honest im a little disappointed in the cornering, i just dont feel as confident cornering at high speed. Where the ST stuck to the road the civic feels a little jittery.
However i did not buy this motor to rally about B roads so im not bothered.

Ride comfort
Rather more stiff than the focus but a hell of alot better than the bumpy ST.
Overall a very nice mix of comfort and response.

Interior comfort
Top class, nice seats, very soft and comfortable.
Alough it lacks the sports seats that grip your sides i still like them better than either the ST or focus's.

Dash and controls
What can i say it looks like a romulan battle cruiser (star treck)
Very smart and totaly unique, a real plus point.
All the controls, dials ect are in nice postions and easy to use.
One thing that does piss me off is the fact honda did not put a aux in socket in the car.

Summary
The good points far out weigh the bad and make little difference to me, The honda is still a far supier motor to the ST and Focus, and now i have sold my ST it should cut down in the little cocks with 1.2 corsas trying to race me all the time.

Overall a very nice classy motor that blends comford, style practicallity and performance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yes its partly the dash that sold it for me.

However can you dim it when its night time?

Sick of nosy ***** looking in my car while idle in traffic

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
oh yes its partly the dash that sold it for me.

However can you dim it when its night time?

Sick of nosy ***** looking in my car while idle in traffic

Yes there's a dimmer switch to the left of the rev counter. Push it and it pops out. :D

Nice review btw. ;)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Seems like your a fan

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
1} Glad you are enjoying the car - and yes - the dash is just wonderful ...

2} I often see children in cars beside me - when in traffic queues or when stopped - pointing at the display and obviously saying "oohhhh, just like a spaceship" ... especially as I normally have the SatNav screen on ...

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Is`nt it great to drive something a little different and really enjoy it :D:D:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice car. I love destroying Fiesta STs in my type r!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would hope that a type R would be able to burn off a Fiesta ST, otherwise I'm off to look at fiestas.
By the way, I do like the new Fiesta, sat in one the other day, very nice.

Anyway back on topic, my 2.2 sport is a year old now, any I totally agree with carpy's initial report.
I too don't find the initial response of the car all that good, but its great when it gets going. Mid range accel is very good.
I'm also not 100% enamoured with the cornering, although I've driven worse, and the ride is definitely a bit jiggly.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I find intial response really good - you have dial up a few revs for a quick get away, but do that and I find it goes off very nicely :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
HTML:
I find intial response really good - you have dial up a few revs for a quick get away, but do that and I find it goes off very nicely
Yes, if you're planning to pull away rapidly its fine, like at traffic lights, its just those occasions where you're sometimes taken by surprise and want to make some rapid acceleration.
I'm not really complaining, its pretty good really.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers for the replys.

Yes i am hooked my wife loves the car to, which is good as she hated the ST and its her thats going to be using it alot.

Dont want to get anal here but i still dont think the 2.2 would beat the ST 0-60, as i say the deisel just does not have that instant acceleration thats the ST does.
As i say it would beat it mid range but the civic does not have the instand take of of the ST.

@chilltyper
Im sure you do, but be fair you cant compare the two cars
its no competition.
I mean, i love distroying twingos in my 2.2 sport..... but you know.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts