2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've just put down a deposit for a 57 plate Civica Type S GT. I currently own a 51 Hyundai Coupe, and although I really like that car, it was getting to an age where it needed replacing.

I spent a month looking around, I test drove the RX8, Golf GTi, new Hyundai Coupe, and the Civic was just something I saw whilst passing the dealership. I test drove the Type R and found it a nice place to be, good engine noise and fast, but not as wild as the RX8 but a bit more ragged than the Golf, but when I read up on it, it appeared that the Type R is prone to getting car jacked, so that put me off. I had a look at the type S and liked it, but it was touch and go at the dealership whether or not I'd have the R or S. In the end, the 200 miles per tank for the R put me off, plus the fact that a couple of the Type R's brought in were due to customers getting grief for having them.

I am picking the car up on Wednesday, spent ages haggling (about an hour) haggling over the part-ex price. In the end I got £2,780 for mine with £15488 for the Civic. I'm looking forward to driving this exceptionally nice to drive car and spending my weekends washing and waxing it.

Good to see the Civic has a good online community too - which I found incredibly hard to find!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good choice, I owned an RX8 and there is no comparison, my type S GT is a far better all round car, and the petrol consumption on the RX8 is something else. Welcome to the forum and good luck with the car.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I was very tempted by the 2.2 Type S GT but went for the Type R. They are both great cars.

You would have to be caning the R to only get 200 miles out of a tank. 350 to 400 miles is easily achievable (@ 30mpg)

Yes I tested the 2.2 Type S GT and it is a great car. :D

I currently get 29 mpg. ;)

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

I picked it up at 5:30pm today. Only driven it 2 miles to my house, I misjudged how wide it was and luckily the folding mirrors meant I got it onto my drive :).

Going to wait till later and then drive around when its quieter. The 500 page manual is doing my head in, but I need it just to figure out the heating controls!

Will post some pictures later on when I get some nice mood lighting done.

Initial impression : daddy like.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi All,

I picked it up at 5:30pm today. Only driven it 2 miles to my house, I misjudged how wide it was and luckily the folding mirrors meant I got it onto my drive :).

Going to wait till later and then drive around when its quieter. The 500 page manual is doing my head in, but I need it just to figure out the heating controls!

Will post some pictures later on when I get some nice mood lighting done.

Initial impression : daddy like.
Read up on this site it's more fun than the manual.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've just spent about 2 hours driving around in it, it's great fun when you get to the 5K rpm. I had a big grin on my face.

I went out with a friend who has an S2000 and he was impressed with it. Said the pick up was comparable to his.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
welcome to the forum lost of really helpful topics and people on here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts