2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have an 06 Civic EX (With OEM Sat Nav and Reverse Camera) I have just replaced my head unit with a double din unit. I have most things working including the remote streeing wheel controlls.

I have a few questions though. The existing OEM Reverse camera is no longer displaying on the top sat nav screen when I go into reverse. The Sat Nav screen is also sitting at the language screen since reconnecting the battery. I dont think I can controll it now as the original head unit is out. Are there any ways people have gotten around this maybe third party connectors to go onto the wiring etc?

The other thing ive noticed is the secondry small screen which used to display Air Con and time is no longer turned on either, im guessing that must have been hooked up via the original head unit too. :)

Just after some ideas really on what options I have to get the reverse camera working again and the small screen displaying aircon and time info.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I'm sure you're suppose to change the display screen with a standard screen without the sat nav display.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming you've used connects2 to get the steering wheel controls to work?

Yes, I used the adapter to get the sterring wheel controls working.

I think my best scenario now would be to find where to unplug the satnav screen so it doesent turn on as my head unit can be used for that anyway. Ive installed a headunit with carplay which seems to do everything I need.

Then its just the aircon display which I could probably just leave as the controlls all work, its just nice to see the tempriture :) and finally the reverse camera. I think my best bet would be finding where that connects and trying to plug it into the new head unit which does have a rear camera mode.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
You can get the standard display off fleabay cheap enough. Worth a punt to get temperature display.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get the standard display off fleabay cheap enough. Worth a punt to get temperature display.

Thanks,

Do you know if its a straight swap. or if the wiring has different connector types for the sat nav screen and the basic screen?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I think its a straight swap. Not 100% certain but hopefully someone on the forum can confirm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, you have right, reverse cam was connected to head unit. Look here on forum how to connect reverse cam in DIY and u can finde right pins on connector from cam. Then you need finde right pins on display
civinfo.com/forum/806193-post1.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts