2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Yesterday i paid Glynn-016's, but today he's banned!!?
Why?? I'll got any problem with the money??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you buy out of interest? Paid for foods and services on PayPal ? Or via friends and family (gift) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if I remember I paid friends and family (gift) andd I have no screenshot of what he sold me and neither the total value

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
But what was it you bought from him? I'm just trying to find out so I can advise, not that I am an admin on here although they're rather quiet. Requesting gift is not allowed but the guy in question may not even have intended to scam you, now he's banned though it will be much more likely.

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
He's been banned due to the lack of respect of forum rules which he has continually broken despite being told on numerous occasions. He has the same items for sale on here and other places too which is a no no. We are here to try and protect the buyers

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Maybe it would have been a better idea to give him a warning rather than simply banning him? Or allowing him to complete his pending sales/transactions from any members. Because if you've stopped him being able to log in then he's probably inclined to keep the money and OP is gonna lose out.
Genuine question here, is there a good reason why is advertising elsewhere not allowed? I can't think of any reason why it would cause any issue? It does not increase the likely hood of scamming, if an Item is already sold or a sale agreed elsewhere (EBay etc) then the seller only needs to inform the potential buyer as such and not ask for payment. Is there something I'm missing ?

·
Enjoying life
8,564 Posts
if I remember I paid friends and family (gift) andd I have no screenshot of what he sold me and neither the total value
There are quite a few warnings on here about not paying by Paypal gift. You have his email address, have you tried to email him to complete the transaction?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
JoanL I have retrieved his contact number of eBay ***removed***.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Could you not have PM'd his number rather than posting someone's personal info on a public forum? :facepalm:
As he got it from eBay I'd imagine it was listed in the item description for all to see.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
As he got it from eBay I'd imagine it was listed in the item description for all to see.
Doesn't matter, I'm sure mods usually delete personal information from for sale adds and any other posts on the forum. One rule for some, another rule for others.

Edit.. FYI, rule NO.10

"All communications must be on the thread,
you may not make offers or strike a deal or communicate in any way off the thread via PM/email/phone. The offer and acceptance (or refusal) must be on the thread. You are not permitted to publish your phone number, email address or any other means of communication on the thread."

·
Registered
88 Posts
Doesn't matter, I'm sure mods usually delete personal information from for sale adds and any other posts on the forum. One rule for some, another rule for others.

Edit.. FYI, rule NO.10

you may not make offers or strike a deal or communicate in any way off the thread via PM/email/phone. The offer and acceptance (or refusal) must be on the thread. You are not permitted to publish your phone number, email address or any other means of communication on the thread."
I'd imagine the rules apply to people who can post to the thread, not people who are banned.

That being said, I tend to agree with you that the phone number should probably have been PM'd instead, but quoting rules isn't going to help anyone when they cannot be followed by the seller due to them being banned. The buyer couls post in the thread and PM the seller all he wants, but if the buyer can't reply then the rules don't help resolve it.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,864 Posts

Edit.. FYI, rule NO.10

You've become a right grump, haven't you!

But I was surprised to see the number too...

·
Super Moderator
21,033 Posts

This seller was breaking trading rules all over the place and we made a team decision.

All the items here were also on Ebay and requesting gift payments is banned because historically sellers have been paid then run.

We had others issues that I won't go into.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
What I do not understand is why anyone would break a perfectly dgod car which is what he described this has. Just remember this is not a 500 quid banger here but more like a 5k car so a lot of parts need a good price to break even never mind cover you time and effort removing and packing. Sorry but will say this but I think this has stolen car or scam written all over it but do hope I am wrong and everyone gets what they paid for.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Think he said everything was available minus engine and gearbox which leads me to believe it was blown or nicked. He didn't explicitly say however as I thought the same.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts