2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I picked up my 2.2 Type S, I have been driving round in an MG6 diesel the last 2 years and decided time for a change, even if it is older. I love it, sorry for bad pictures, the sunlight is in the wrong place.
[/URL][/IMG]
My mates type R
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, so far it has been a hoot to drive, superb handling despite cheap 'event' tyres

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks lovely! I'm very jealous of your body coloured trim. Sucks having grey trim on the pre-facelifts :(
Thank you, I could of got a pre facelift cheaper but I wanted a facelift for that reason.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have cleaned the car today and took some better pictures. I've fitted genuine rubber mats to it too, didn't fancy carpet as I'm usually in and out with work boots. Car has been going well so far...apart from rear brakes. Yesterday I heard grinding...turned out the rear pads (outer) had collapsed and was metal on metal. So I had to get new pads and disks. Go to fit them and a carrier bolt has been chewed up so I've got to bring home some tools to get it off. I've fitted the pads just for now. Anyway here are the pics....

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gutted, last night a Fiesta decided to drive into me on the motorway and didn't stop. It hasn't caused too much damage but it has scratched drivers side door and 1/4 panel and dented both. Luckily I work in a dealership with a body shop so they will hopefully be sorting it. Police will investigate other driver if they get any more details as I didn't get a reg.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, yes shiny metal, I found that out at work when I got it repaired. It is all fixed now, here are pics before/after...
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

After
[/URL][/IMG]

·
CTR
538 Posts
Good to see it's all fixed, that colour is great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just picked up my Type S, they're one hell of a car, the torque from the diesels are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just picked up my Type S, they're one hell of a car, the torque from the diesels are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hope you are enjoying it, yes they are a superb engine, for a diesel its so flexible.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this week my clutch has started slipping, which I have been expecting. Having done research in the job, ie the SAC clutch needing a SAC tool I'm going to leave it to someone else I think. I actually work at a Vauxhall dealer as a technician but we can't do our own clutches on the ramp in case we kill a ramp. The costs of doing it myself wont be too much different to someone else doing it I don't think either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts