2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, not long back from the dealership after picking up our new Orchid White 1.4se civic. Its going to be my wife's daily used for the school run, shopping trips and local city driving.

I've yet to drive it yet as we went in my car to go pick it up and it'll be the weekend before i get a chance to get anywhere near the controls, lol!

So far so good though. My wife really likes the fit and finish of the interior, the quiet cabin noise and the smoothness of the engine. For me though it'll be a nice wee change from my stiff set up, track based, accord. Pics of that to follow but for now here's one of the newly acquired Civic.

I'll keep this thread updated about how we get on with it in the coming years.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We ordered this back in February and were told it'd be about a 6-8 week wait. Not really an issue as we weren't desperate for it anyway, but it turned into a 15 and a half week wait, lol. My wife was nipping my box always asking me to phone up everyday and see when it would arrive!

Its a crackin wee car like, and the kids love it especially so its all good. Get some pics up when you get a hold of yours too buddy. :cool:

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
The only colour i would get on the new civic..has to be said its a grower..i like it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tbh i'd have preferred the ES grade with the extra toys but the 1.4 only comes in the SE grade, which kinda sucks but the smaller engine was more important than the trim level so we stuck with the 1.4.

Quick snaps of the interior last night, it was raining out so i couldnt get a wider shot of the dash as i was cowering inside the car from the rain. I'll get a couple more when its not raining.

My kids roll in recaro's

Been working all week so maybe i'll get a shot at the weekend :D

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
mmmmm so many pretty lights :love:

Enjoj the car! Looks sweet!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The handbrake on the passenger side of the centre console will take some getting used to, other than that you're right about the civic/crz mixed up dash. Its really cool, especially lit up at night. Ive yet to get a chance to drive it yet, my wife keeps hogging the keys:(

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
The handbrake on the passenger side of the centre console will take some getting used to, other than that you're right about the civic/crz mixed up dash. Its really cool, especially lit up at night. Ive yet to get a chance to drive it yet, my wife keeps hogging the keys:(
Give it a day or so and you will wonder what all the fuss was about...;)

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Looking good matey...

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
Is the 9th Gen classed as FK1 ?

Im still on fence with 9th Gen but i was with 8th Gen until Type R was on market

Nice car bud the white is very nice

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers guys. Im not sure about the models codes for all the 9th gens yet but my 1.4 is definitely a FK1.

I'll get some more pics today, the weather is glorious but the grass needs cut first, doh!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Had to move this off the driveway to get my own car out this morning and quickly checked the range. Its just over half a tank left on the gauge. The range says its still got 272 miles to empty and we've covered 198 miles so far in the 2 weeks we've had it. I was in a rush so didnt waste time going through the menu to get to the average mpg but i remember the last time i drove it, it was only sitting at 38mpg.

Now if i call it 25 litres used, since its half the 50 litre tank, which is 5.49 gallons, then the 198 miles covered so far have been at 36mpg, still a bit off the urban figure of 42mpg :confused:

Ironically if its accurate, 272+198 = 470 miles / 10.98 gallons (50l) then it would give 42mpg. We'll see what happens :popcorn2:

EDIT: Forgot to add that we've been running it constantly with the eco setting on, and we've left the auto stop setting on too, letting it do its own thing whenever it wants

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well my wife ran the car till it had covered 415 miles from the first tank. The petrol light actually came on when it had 40 miles left on the range but i told her to take to 0 miles as these things over read anyway. She chickened out and filled the car back up when it had 10 miles left on the range.

Surprise surprise, it only took 45 litres to fill up, meaning it still had just over a gallon left in the tank. So to run it dry it could've done another 50 miles theoretically taking average mpg and the 10 miles left on the range. Making the full tank range roughly 415 + 50 = 465, so not far off the initial 470 mile range the day we picked it up. That equates to 42mpg, what i was expecting from the urban mpg as this thing barely goes above 30mph.

Whats interesting now is after filling the tank right up, the range expected from this tank is 515 miles! With this 2nd tank I told her to turn the eco setting off and see how she fares with the range, the stop start will still function as normal as neither my wife or I find it intrusive.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
the stop start will still function as normal as neither my wife or I find it intrusive.
I was a bit concerned about this feature as after having a Alfa Giulietta hire car last November it was a bit on the slow side for me, however, as Pottsy said in his road test write up, its hard to catch it out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts