2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the Forum,

have just purchased a new Civic Sport auto. Only 500 kms so far, and all is well except for a speedo reading 6% high. I must say it is a very nice car to drive, and the cruise control is a real must because it accelerates so easily at highway speeds.

I'll see what Honda have to say about the speedo (I think I know what it will be, ie not what I would like them to say) at the first service. If it wasn't for warranty issues, I'd be installing a speedo pulse corrector tomorrow.

NeilJB

·
Administrator
19,184 Posts
Welcome fellow civician!

Not sure about the speedo issue but if I remember there is discussion thread about it somewhere.

Have you posted picture yet?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hi the Forum,

have just purchased a new Civic Sport auto. Only 500 kms so far, and all is well except for a speedo reading 6% high.
NeilJB
Just a slight suggestion.

Ever thought of driving 6% slower?

Any way welcome to the Australian world of upside down Civic motoring.

"Charlie H's epitaph -
Who you looking at?"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Civic Speedo Error

Today I used a GPS to see how much error there was in the odometer of my Civic Sport - yesterday I took about 15 readings at various speeds and the speedometer reads 6% high, ie at 100 indicated the GPS says I'm doing 94-95.

Surprisingly, the GPS and the odometer are very close, about 1% difference with the odometer reading 30.4 kms to the GPS' 30 kms. That's close enough for me.

I read somewhere last night (in here?) that Honda USA had been hit with a class action by owners complaining that high-reading odometers were robbing them of warranty time etc.

It looks to me like Honda have now set the odometers accurate but are still leaving speedos reading high to avoid being sued over speeding fines.

Luckily it's not hard to do the maths to get the true speed.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Bienvenue !
Welcome !

Whaou... ! A member coming from upside down ;-) ! So? Did Honda sell the European Civic in Australia and not The Japanese one ? Or did you import your car from Europe ?

Use the wiki section and the search button as much as you can to learn most of the things you can dream about your spaceship.

Don't forget to give your feelings about your dealer (in the Wiki section) once you've got your spaceship.

And after having driven your new ride for some times don't forget to fulfill the various surveys.

If you need specific answer to your questions, do not hesitate to create new threads, there are always lot of people ready to help !

You will see this place is the place to be if you like or if you have trouble with your car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's from the Thai factory. Apparently it's a lot cheaper, because of trade deals, for Honda to sell the Thai product in Oz rather than the European or Japanese product. However, the Type R on sale here is the UK product.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Is it the same shape as the Euro Civic?

Just making conversation.

"I'm as comfortable as a lame turkey laying on a pile of Paxo listening to Christmas Carols

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Australian Civic Sport Model

After looking at the Honda UK web pages, I think the answer is no - the Thailand product is different to the Euro product. Anyhow, photo attached, what do you think?

Is it the same shape as the Euro Civic?

Just making conversation.

"I'm as comfortable as a lame turkey laying on a pile of Paxo listening to Christmas Carols

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts