2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just sold my 07 Type R. Feel a bit down at the moment :( Had the car just over 2 yrs from new but decided to sell it now then plan on getting something in February/March next year.

The Type R has been great, really enjoyable to drive with great handling, fast and can fit my dog in the boot! Not had any problems with the car either. I would recommend an FN2 to anybody really as you can drive it hard if you want to but also take it down the shops if you know what I mean. The only thing is that if your in to modding your cars then you've got to spend alot to get decent gains BUT I believe the car is better without any engine mods on it.

Anyway, this is not a goodbye because I've met some nice people thru civinfo and maybe when I get a new car I'll come to another meet ... :) !

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I feel for you. My car is on the order list at the moment :D

What car you looking to get as a replacement?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel for you. My car is on the order list at the moment :D

What car you looking to get as a replacement?
To be honest I have no idea. I'm going to wait till at least January so there might be a few bargains to have around or just after christmas. Choices so far are a 2006/2007 BMW M3 or a Audi RS 6 Avant.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Wow m3, atleast u aint ditching a CTR for some ****** thing :)

What ever car u decide on, good like with it :p

·
Registered
340 Posts
. The only thing is that if your in to modding your cars then you've got to spend alot to get decent gains BUT I believe the car is better without any engine mods on it.
Yeah you would expect that as N/A engines are far more expensive than forced induction. I read the last part of the sentence, what do you mean,better without mods? :confused:

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Yeah you would expect that as N/A engines are far more expensive than forced induction. I read the last part of the sentence, what do you mean,better without mods? :confused:
I think he means after he took all the mods off he felt just how good the car is without them, I know where he is coming from too, after taking all the bits off mine I had a few days before trading it in and in those few days it felt so smooth and I realised all over again why I bought it.

Not to say the mods don't make it louder, meaner, faster, but just they alter the car too and you forget how it was.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dez ;)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are spot on JP. I had hondata, gruppe M and race manifold on and after I took them off the car felt how it should be. Don't get me wrong the mods were great but in my experience Honda have made a great car as standard

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
You are spot on JP. I had hondata, gruppe M and race manifold on and after I took them off the car felt how it should be. Don't get me wrong the mods were great but in my experience Honda have made a great car as standard
Thought so ;)

Good choices on the possible replacements mate I have seen too many people go to the boring dark side after selling their type-r!

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
To be honest I have no idea. I'm going to wait till at least January so there might be a few bargains to have around or just after christmas. Choices so far are a 2006/2007 BMW M3 or a Audi RS 6 Avant.
Glad that you had a good experience with the Type R :D

Make sure you come back to tell us what you get. If you get the M3 i would be really interested in what you think of it. Its on the list of cars i would like to get next but like you it would be a second hand one

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought so ;)

Good choices on the possible replacements mate I have seen too many people go to the boring dark side after selling their type-r!
Yeah no way I'm going to do that! I have plenty of brownie points in the bank with the missus aswell because now I sold the Type R we/she can have a bit more money towards our wedding! :p

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
yea modding the car is the biggest waste of money in my opinion on the type r...did give me loads of smiles etc i was looking back at old videos of my car and it was so smooth and fast..:)

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
and your feeling down?! heh
QIA - A couple of great replacements to choose from if you are serious on those acquisitions matey!

Yeah no way I'm going to do that! I have plenty of brownie points in the bank with the missus aswell because now I sold the Type R we/she can have a bit more money towards our wedding! :p
Good Luck for your wedding man! I'm lucky I kept my CTR, given that my missus just had our first child. chuffed... At both the baby, and the keeping of my CTR.

Glad you enjoyed your motor over the two years - if you don't mind me asking did you get a good return on your car? mileage etc? Just asking as I'm keen to see how our cars are fairing under the current circumstances/financial climate (same thing really :D).

Good Luck, and make sure ya stick around!

TypeRiter!

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you enjoyed your motor over the two years - if you don't mind me asking did you get a good return on your car? mileage etc? Just asking as I'm keen to see how our cars are fairing under the current circumstances/financial climate (same thing really :D).

Good Luck, and make sure ya stick around!

TypeRiter!
I had the car on PCP finance. I was £700 short on my finance which is 2 months payments worth for me. Its definately a buyers market I would say at the moment. I had a couple of silly low offers at first but stuck out for a decent buyer to come along. Even though I lost a bit of money, at the end of the day I've got rid of the car. Feels wierd today though!!.. driving around in a 1.2 corsa .. :confused::confused::confused: lol

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I had the car on PCP finance. I was £700 short on my finance which is 2 months payments worth for me. Its definately a buyers market I would say at the moment. I had a couple of silly low offers at first but stuck out for a decent buyer to come along. Even though I lost a bit of money, at the end of the day I've got rid of the car. Feels wierd today though!!.. driving around in a 1.2 corsa .. :confused::confused::confused: lol
Yeah, it would wouldn't it - heres to about 100mpg :lol::D

Cheers for the heads up bud, It would seem that way in respect of the situation lending itself to the buyer at the mo. It's a shame it's always the buyers market when we are the sellers - so to speak.. not that I am selling, if you knwo what I mean.

RS6 Avant - :cool: Someone at my cricket club owns one of those (technically he teaches tennis on the same premises)- when he fires that up, I grin all the way down from fine-leg. It bulges in the right places too - properly animalistic for an estate :cool:

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I used to spend a lot of time and money modding cars, only to find out that the manufacturers had actually pretty well got it right in the first place (especially for everyday road use).;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I totally agree with dez and jp about honda have created an amazing hot hatch in more ways than one and it made me appreciate my car more now. I think tuning a n/a engine will only give so much before you have to put so much money in to get the gains you want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went from an E46 M3 to the Honda Type R GT, slower yes but still great fun. I'd go for the M3 over the Audi, personal choice I know but I just think BMW's are real drivers cars...

Whatever you choose, have fun...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts