2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of bolt covers missing from the centre console... minor but annoying. They are about the size of a 2 pence. Phoned the stealers today and asked if they had them in stock and how much... I almost passed out when the guy said... wait for it..... £9 odds PLUS VAT EACH! which meant for three that needed (there are 5 in total as 2 dont have the covers for some reason) it would be £36. The guy actually said he couldn't believe it himself and checked it twice. There are no moving parts, no anything... 3 2 pence sized bits of plastic for £36. How can they can justify it defeats me. God knows what the console would cost!! Cue a visit to a scrappy... unbeleivable!! [smilie=disgust.gif]

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
It vexes me just hearing of how much you were quoted [smilie=lol.gif] what a joke eh!

·
SGP Fk8
9,718 Posts
I have a couple of bolt covers missing from the centre console... minor but annoying. They are about the size of a 2 pence. Phoned the stealers today and asked if they had them in stock and how much... I almost passed out when the guy said... wait for it..... £9 odds PLUS VAT EACH! which meant for three that needed (there are 5 in total as 2 dont have the covers for some reason) it would be £36. The guy actually said he couldn't believe it himself and checked it twice. There are no moving parts, no anything... 3 2 pence sized bits of plastic for £36. How can they can justify it defeats me. God knows what the console would cost!! Cue a visit to a scrappy... unbeleivable!! [smilie=disgust.gif]
Thats a bloody scandal !! What scrappy you off to that has fn2's ?

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
OMG
Honda just loves the Wonga
rip off merchants

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
They break really easily... I guess the previous dealer or owner saw the price too!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
You will find plenty of different sized round plastic domed pieces in B & Q, along with the tiny pots of Plasticote paint to mix up to the correct colour.
Use some clear silicone to fix in place.
Beat the b-ggers at their own game for under £10.;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Funny I am also missing a couple of those and would have to use the same dealer as you. Maybe I'll just leave it. Or if you find a car at the scrappies gimme a shout.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Yeah I had one missing too and it was around £13 each to replace ! I nicked the one at the rear of the center console as with my seat being all the way back, you can't see the exposed bolt once you've nicked the cover.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I found this a few years back, and posted at the time.

I could believe a full set of 6 or so for £9 but not each. Someone has goofed and is not prepared to correct the mistake, or the line of contact is broken. I bet they don't sell many.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts