2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am considering getting the K&N 57i Induction Kit for my 1.8 SE honda civic (2009 model). For those that have fitted this kit or anyone else that has an idea about these kits, I would like your opinions please.

Questions:

1. Should I get the K&N 57i Induction Kit?
2. Could it damage my engine if I fix it?
3. Is it worth it?

Thanks all
M

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Hello all,

I am considering getting the K&N 57i Induction Kit for my 1.8 SE honda civic (2009 model). For those that have fitted this kit or anyone else that has an idea about these kits, I would like your opinions please.

Questions:

1. Should I get the K&N 57i Induction Kit?
2. Could it damage my engine if I fix it?
3. Is it worth it?

Thanks all
M
1. Yes. Also consider the AEM if you can afford it.

2. No!

3. Yes, definitely!

A great bit of kit and one of the only things that will make a difference to the performance of the R18 engine.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Dablink, we're meeting today. I can show you mine. Veru easy to install and will be more than happy to help you out. Makes a world of a dif!!

1. Should I get the K&N 57i Induction Kit? - Yes, however there are better out there Johnny Rocket has a great one.
2. Could it damage my engine if I fix it? - NO
3. Is it worth it? - Hell yes!! Just for the great sound it makes.

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
I had mine fitted yesterday.. I love it.. it's also quiet when you want it to be :p Car feels faster too haha!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
1. Yes. Also consider the AEM if you can afford it.

2. No!

3. Yes, definitely!

A great bit of kit and one of the only things that will make a difference to the performance of the R18 engine.
^^that's the answer^^ :D
get it bought !!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
I agree. Don't think about it just buy it.

"I be at the lights then as it goes green I'll be...BOOM GONE" Legend.

Your eco will be even worse after hearing how much better the car sounds as it gets to around 3000rpm. :-D

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. Don't think about it just buy it.

"I be at the lights then as it goes green I'll be...BOOM GONE" Legend.

Your eco will be even worse after hearing how much better the car sounds as it gets to around 3000rpm. :-D
lol....yea buddy...I guess my eco would be far worse as you predicted...and this time at the lights, it would be a blast!! :cool:

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Thanks everyone (where is the thanks button when you need one...:rolleyes:).

Much love to stevey_p7, The Vision, GoatMasterUK, LeonMaxim, Jonnyrocket and Brungle.
hahaha.....i'll never press the like button until they change it back!! :lol:

as ste says.....but over 4000rpm :D
your mpg will suffer, but who cares!!

Reactions: Jonnyrocket

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
I echo the above. I'd love to say Thanks to you mate but there aint no thanks button anymore.

Wont be pressing this Like Button ever.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
I echo the above. I'd love to say Thanks to you mate but there aint no thanks button anymore.

Wont be pressing this Like Button ever.
:hijacked:

POTTSY GET IT SORTED NOW :secruity:

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dablink, we're meeting today. I can show you mine. Veru easy to install and will be more than happy to help you out. Makes a world of a dif!!

1. Should I get the K&N 57i Induction Kit? - Yes, however there are better out there Johnny Rocket has a great one.
2. Could it damage my engine if I fix it? - NO
3. Is it worth it? - Hell yes!! Just for the great sound it makes.

Thanks for the offer to help LeonMaxim.....I would be getting this soon and would find a way to catch up with you and get it installed...:D

Thanks to everyone also for their detailed input...

Regards,
M

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okies....Just brought the K&N Induction Kit off ebay now...thanks everyone for your input (Pottsy, could we get the "thanks button" sorted please?....would like to click thanks for most of the help I got for this thread ;)).

Cheers all,
M

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.