2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the K57i induction kit fitted Sat by a mate, he ran the cold air feed to where the horn was in the front grill and removed the resonator box.

I have driven around 40 miles since its been fitted and I am really pleased, great induction sound after 3k revs and the flat spot I had around 1500-1800rpm has disappeared. Mpg still around the 40mpg mark. I'm really pleased with it. The car definitely seems to accelerate better between 30-50mph, not really gone above that yet, but have a trip to Birmingham on Saturday. I recommend the kit on first impressions.

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
This is on my list of upcoming Mods can't wait to fit although maybe in a couple of months but glad your enjoying yours mate :D

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
562 Posts
Hey mate, I've got the K&N intake on my Type S GT. Any chance you could take a few pictures under the hood to see where yours has been located and how? I don't really like the idea of sticking it directly into the throttle body because it's right under the windscreen guttering and any leaks would be bad news!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here it is mate.

Reactions: Synysterjmz

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
562 Posts
Ahh, I see. So that whole box at the bottom needs to go. Have you thought about putting a heat shield between the engine and intake as well? Also, was the bumper removed to get the box out?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah resonator came out, bumper off, arch liner off battery out, battery tray out etc. it took my mate 3 hours or so and he is a mechanic for Mercedes. The cold air feed doesnt have to go there, you can follow the k&n instructions, which are on here.

I thought about a heat shield, but limited space and not one available off the shelf, you would need to fabricate.

Reactions: Synysterjmz
1 - 6 of 6 Posts