2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now officially a Ktuner V1.2 owner on my 1.5 civic sport hatch :D
I have no idea what to expect from this piece of kit but I have heard good things and am hoping for some good subtle gains. anyone else here using this software? if so what is the best basemap to start off with?, I have recently installed the PRL stage 1 intake too and next month I will have a catless downpipe being fitted.

cheers!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm going to fit the V2 somewhere in the (near) future but I want to add a custom map to the base maps. I want the software to be written optimally for my car.
I also want the V2 because I don't want to hondahack the radio unit, I've read too much problems with it. With the V2 I don't need my laptop to switch between maps if I don't want to hondahack.
Looking forward to your experience with it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to fit the V2 somewhere in the (near) future but I want to add a custom map to the base maps. I want the software to be written optimally for my car.
I also want the V2 because I don't want to hondahack the radio unit, I've read too much problems with it. With the V2 I don't need my laptop to switch between maps if I don't want to hondahack.
Looking forward to your experience with it!
hondahack works perfect on my unit so far. nothing to be concerned. mainly running waze on it

·
Registered
491 Posts
hondahack works perfect on my unit so far. nothing to be concerned. mainly running waze on it
It's ok when nothing goes wrong. If you're unlucky and experience any problems then you're basically *****ed. Off course most of them work perfectly, but what if you're the unlucky one, and there are quite a few if you read the XDA topic about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's ok when nothing goes wrong. If you're unlucky and experience any problems then you're basically *****ed. Off course most of them work perfectly, but what if you're the unlucky one, and there are quite a few if you read the XDA topic about it.
Then the same is correct regarding ktuner. There are tons of reports with error codes popping up after reflash which go away when flashed back to factory. Especially with Honda sensing

·
Registered
491 Posts
Then the same is correct regarding ktuner. There are tons of reports with error codes popping up after reflash which go away when flashed back to factory. Especially with Honda sensing
That's true :smile3:

·
Registered
491 Posts
but still waiting for warranty to ware off to buy v1.2 :)
That's a risk I'm willing to take (instead of the hondahack :laugh2:). I've already had a couple of tuned cars before and never had any troubles.
Depending on my budget it will be tuned this summer or at the end of the year/next summer. My car is from march 2017, so still one year warranty.

The benefit of a Ktuner is that you can flash it back to stock without any marks left, there is no flash counter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's true :smile3:
These actually go away after you drive a few metres and the sensors are "calibrated"
I've been using ktuner for about a year and had to heavily tune the afr calibration to lower the fuel trims and hit afr commands at wot.
25000km and no issues so far at 22.5psi max boost in the quite hot Greek summer ;-)

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts