2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping at some point to install an oil temp guage on the FN2.

Does anyone have one already and know how long the oil takes to warm up compared to coolant temp?

Coolant may only be 5-10 mins of engine running, and I would like to know how many minutes after it takes for oil to get to 50 degrees, then 60, 70, and up until general running at 80 - 90 degrees?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input from owners with gauges?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I don't have gauges on mine but the oil warms up very quickly running 0w30. probably a few miles down the road and its up to temp. 3 minutes at a guess.

I know it doesn't help you much but though id post anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
not for the FN2, but FK2 with factory turbo, we're seeing upto around 20c difference during warm up period, and about 1 mile further distance for the oil to get up to operating temp (we get fully warm idle temps around 80water/80oil)

These are taken from city winter rush hour periods over the last 3-4 months, so engine load & turbo use is typically low.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers people.

I have been waiting for water temp, then another 15 mins at least for use of 6000 rpm, and another 5 mins on top for 8000 rpm.

Sounds like more than enough and can probably safely knock 5 minutes off the waiting times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts