2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a link to a web site that some of the tuners use to store and compare dyno charts.

There's a comparison of a Jackson Racing supercharged K20 (in a DC5) and K24/K20 hybrid that we tuned, which may be of interest.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Hi Mark. Amazing - more power and torque everywhere for just 400ccs of extra displacement! :) I take it these are fly figures and not hub?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mark. Amazing - more power and torque everywhere for just 400ccs of extra displacement! :) I take it these are fly figures and not hub?
Hi Lunar Tick,

Yes it's quite impressive isn't it?

The numbers are actually measured at the hubs (we don't bother guessing the transmission losses)!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Hi Lunar Tick,

Yes it's quite impressive isn't it?

The numbers are actually measured at the hubs (we don't bother guessing the transmission losses)!
Even more impressive; that's over 25% more power than my already well tuned 2L K20 with only 20% more displacement. Did you play around with cams/compression?
Cheers, Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Even more impressive; that's over 25% more power than my already well tuned 2L K20 with only 20% more displacement. Did you play around with cams/compression?
Cheers, Andrew
We weren't actually consulted on the build for this project as it was prepared by iTuned in Norfolk. Our involvement was limited to calibration of the Hondata engine control, although we do have a wealth of experience of K series development :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
How does that compare with a normal k20/24 hybrid set up with bolt ons and the more normal rev limit of high 7s

And i assume to do Mid 8k on this it takes a forged engine

·
Registered
288 Posts
Torque is a killer for our K series , be it FD or FN

K24 gives us the much desired FAT FAT torque all through the rev

I can cruze on 5th gear at 60KPH and when I step on the gas peddle, I can speed up without any effort and it makes driving a K24 feels like an auto transmission car :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Im going to ask a stupid question.

What is a K24, is that a different engine to the K20?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Its the 2.4 Ash found in the accord and the crv. You use the 2.4 bottom end with the k20 head to make a Frankenstein engine. They don't rev as high as a 2.0 bit give a much better spread of power. They can rev once forged though

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Its the 2.4 Ash found in the accord and the crv. You use the 2.4 bottom end with the k20 head to make a Frankenstein engine. They don't rev as high as a 2.0 bit give a much better spread of power. They can rev once forged though

I see, thanks for that. :popcorn2:

Just Googled it, scary stuff

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Ok so what K24 is the best?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Someone hide Ash's credit card
Haha :popcorn:

Ill google it, as think im asking stupid questions on here that I should know the answers to

1 - 20 of 24 Posts