2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the engine obviously anybody know what is else if anything is needed to fit fit a K24 bottom end in the FN2?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Check out K20a.org for K24 goodness :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am quite sure you also need FD2 oil pump, and Flashpro. If not going for aftermarket cams take exhaust cam from 2,4 as its better. Its a good time to also install baffled sump, 3rd/4th syncros, LSD, longer final drive, upgraded clutch etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
And you will probably need new piston rings and bearings if reusing stock internals

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I am quite sure you also need FD2 oil pump, and Flashpro. If not going for aftermarket cams take exhaust cam from 2,4 as its better. Its a good time to also install baffled sump, 3rd/4th syncros, LSD, longer final drive, upgraded clutch etc.

it's enough to use K20a2 oil pump, for cams I would use OEM stuff K24a3 exhaust cam + Acura TSX 06-08 years intake cam. Also use VTC 50 degree gear. LSD and longer final drive +++ BTW I have spare almost new Wavetrac LSD with bearings and EP3 full gearing with FD 4.7 for a new owner :)

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys.
I already have
Flash pro
Rrc inlet manifold
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
Fd2 oil pump
Lsd
Long 6 the gear and clockwise motion sump baffle as well as a few other mods.

Just got the car back from the insurance after the engine sucked in water. (Written off)
Just trying to decide if I invest money back in the engine or split the car up

·
4,277 Posts
For the ex header it needs to be adjusted to account for height difference

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
What caused the water issue, a low down cold air intake?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What caused the water issue, a low down cold air intake?
Yep Skunk2 CAI. I was sat in water just up to the bottom of the door when I wagon came round the corner full tilt and sent a tsunami my way :-(
CAI greedily sucked up a engine full of the stuff....

·
4,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's enough to use K20a2 oil pump, for cams I would use OEM stuff K24a3 exhaust cam + Acura TSX 06-08 years intake cam. Also use VTC 50 degree gear. LSD and longer final drive +++ BTW I have spare almost new Wavetrac LSD with bearings and EP3 full gearing with FD 4.7 for a new owner :)
Any idea where I could source the Acura TSX 06-08 intake cam
" Also use VTC 50 degree gear."??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts