2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 838 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, have been weighing up my options and not seeking sympathy
Due to a massive misadventure I filled my engine with standing water last Sunday. We were on a civinfo run that I organised in the southwest of scotland(brilliant rds). Unfortunately we came across standing water. As lead car I tried to cross as I seen 2 Cars in front getting through the other side! Massive costly mistake on my behalf the road had a massive dip and12"+of water in the middle. Nearly got through pushed car last 10m out of water. Pulled pipe from grill to mugen air box water flowed out. Pulled pipe from tb water pissed out both sides! Got car recovered to the Kats.
Bottom end is shot- head seams to be ok on scope inspection. Thankfully due to the fact I was rolling through at minimum revs.
So I have been left with an insurance claim option- Honda uk cannot supply a complete jdm engine- cost I had for a new fn2 engine and fitting would have written the car off so..

My only sensible option is:
We have sourced a k24 with 20k on the clock- it will be forged parts ordered will post updates later on parts list.
On back order is a engine mount from a USA spec crv, which could hold the rebuild up. Hopefully there is no nasty surprises when the heads stripped

In addition to the build- ill get my assist meters fitted, -100 cell sports cat, some painted engine parts and blue Samco or similar hoses fitted.

The worst part of my story is last Friday I got my mugan manifold and exhaust system fitted along with my spoon tb and thermostat. On the sat the Kat mapped my at 251.7 with vtec kicking in at 4700. It was a completely different car to drive- so quick responsive on and of the throttle. Short lived fun! But I was having so much fun it should be illegal probably was
As they say there's alight at the end of every tunnel (costly tunnel for me )
Looking forward to getting my frankenstein k24/k20 fd back- that first drive will be fun!

Reactions: Congo

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really should have thanked all the folks on the run for the help and support.
Massive thanks to Moho for taking me home.
Just goes to show Honda owners are the best ;)

Reactions: Congo

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
It was a pretty deceptive and extreme flood :(

I can vouch for the ridiculous fun Duncan was having 5 mins before this (very legal fun mr ossifer) on a proper Tarmac "stage"

Can't wait for the return of the even meatier Fd2 Duncan :) not a hope in hell of keeping up with you next time ;)

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It was a pretty deceptive and extreme flood :(

I can vouch for the ridiculous fun Duncan was having 5 mins before this (very legal fun mr ossifer) on a proper Tarmac "stage"

Can't wait for the return of the even meatier Fd2 Duncan :) not a hope in hell of keeping up with you next time ;)

Sent via NecronomiPhon
Haha Sure you will Craig, wouldn't want go much quicker a fine line being safe and sorry.
Thats why i chose those roads you can have maximum fun within the limits of the law but it's fun looking in the mirrors thinking are they still their ;)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear that buddy :(
But that will be a monster build on a beautiful car good luck with it & keep us posted ;) & yeah honda owners are the best good on mo a proper diamond :D

:D THE BEAST :D

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Must have been the most expensive meet you've been to Duncan.:(

But by the the sounds of it it's going to have a pricey but happy ending.:D

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
subscribed...

What are your goals for the new motor?
Honestly- I don't know, between 270 and 280 would be nice more a added bonus. It's in the best place as the mechanic doing the build has done a few and he will map it to it's fullest potential ;)
The fun will be in the waiting [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

·
Tyre Man
657 Posts
Haha Sure you will Craig, wouldn't want go much quicker a fine line being safe and sorry.
Thats why i chose those roads you can have maximum fun within the limits of the law but it's fun looking in the mirrors thinking are they still their ;)
Have to agree with both of you apart from me going MIA for a while :) can't wait Dunc :)

·
Tyre Man
657 Posts
Sympathy not asked for but you're getting it from me anyway. I've been paranoid since having my CAI installed about standing water.
Me too now I was 2 cars behind Dunc and didn't even give it a thought as I was having to much fun :)
Now tho am like a snake on the roads every time I see deep water :)

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Must have been the most expensive meet you've been to Duncan.:(

But by the the sounds of it it's going to have a pricey but happy ending.:D
Sure was- didn't get many smiles for miles with my re map :(
The other plans I had for it are on hold more mugen goodies, might take my bank account a while to recover from this. Last nite beans on toast, tonight beans on toast- tomorrow bea....... :facepalm7:

1 - 20 of 838 Posts