2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK here it is as it's still under ECU tuning and doing maps later on the car will go to a dyno for fixes/upgrading ignition timings if needed just for getting higher numbers. Trying to get 290-300hp

Car was build by ECU-PERFORMANCE.PL, Hondata dealer in PL and very experieced in Honda K-series build, while ECU map is being done by famous VitViper from E-tune, later on it will go on a dyno, and together with ECU-PERFORMANCE.PL owner and VitViper they will choose the best set up as it was with K20 260hp. As Honda Type-R is an N/A so wanted to keep it in N/A only. Having S/C or turbo it's easy to hear, while during a sprint from traffic lights when people ask me "What the hell is inside" I'm always telling "It's K20 with exhaust 215hp" :D

We got even some guests from England with FD2 K24+Rotrex, last time I was there it was reaching 380hp got even a film from a dyno :)

Modification list :

2010, FN2 Championship White NH0, 3D

K24A3/K20Z4
Overbore to 88mm (87mm OEM) displacement go up from 2353 to 2407
Forged CP Pistons C/R 12.5:1
Forged Brian Crower UltraLight rods
Lighten and ballanced K24 crankshaft (weight reduction ~20%)
TODA A3 camshafts
TODA valve springs
TODA oil pump
Headcylider skimmed and COMETIC headcylinder gasket (overall C/R ~12.7:1) RON98 only
ARP struds & bolts
GruppeM intake
TODA Exhaust manifold
Milltek Sport Exhaust
RDX 410cc injectors
RRC Intake Manifold
M&M Honda thermal intake manifold gasket
SPOON 70mm Throttle body
CPL Fuel Rail
Hondata FlashPro
TODA Lightweight flywheel
MUGEN Copper Fiber clutch
OEM LSD
STOPTECH BBK 328x28 with ST-40 calipers
ENDLESS MX72 front pads
Project Mu BESTOP rear pads
MUGEN front grill
MUGEN rear wing
City-Pack
Tinted rear windows
GP Pack
Type-S mudflaps
MUGEN oil cap
MUGEN ignition coil cover
MUGEN 1.3bar radiator cap
MUGEN gear knob
Advanti Racing SG40 8x18ET40 wheels
Federal 595RS-R Semi-Slick 225/40R18 tires
MOTUL X-cess 5W40 oil
MOTUL RBF660 brake fluid

AWAITING FOR :

MUGEN Sport Suspension -> shoud get it very soon
Carbon J'S Racing Type-V Hood
SPOON Exhaust

Lightweight pistons, rods, flywheel and mainly crankshaft give amazing revving. The car revvs so fast I have problems with gear changing

Photos :

K24 with new pistons ready

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
when people ask me "What the hell is inside" I'm always telling "It's K20 with exhaust 215hp" :D
You are my hero!

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nuno RAYS wheels will go on later on :)

whats your rev limit
Currently it's set up to 8000rpms. It's quite safe, later on we will check out if the car produces more power till 8500rpms (which is ~9300rpms equivalent in K20). If it's not - there is no sense to rev it such high and we will lower the revlimiter.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Blimey you've got some money in that engine! Stunning though. There are worse ways to blow your cash. Lovely motor buddy :)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Wow

Bet that revs like a bat out of hell.

Wheres the vid then?

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wow

Bet that revs like a bat out of hell.

Wheres the vid then?
Will be soon, ECU not finished yet, GoPro already purchased, so there will be... :) As usual Vit is making me crazy with those tons of setups and pulls and 2* ignition timings difference maps :D

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Another good build !!!

GOtta love BIG CCs..... but you also need a Big intake, Big TB and Big exhaust to get the best out of that fantastic block!

WIth those thing changed you will make good power to 8500rpms, no problems..

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Will be soon, ECU not finished yet, GoPro already purchased, so there will be... :) As usual Vit is making me crazy with those tons of setups and pulls and 2* ignition timings difference maps :D
haha.

Has he done any frankenstein k24s before?

Big respect for staying NA.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts