2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 576 Posts

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*I have read the trading rules and will follow them to the letter*

As promised, here's a few photos of some I made earlier:

These are the colours I have currently available but I can obviously get others. Please note these will probably not match the colour of your car and should be taken as a guide only.

I know these all fit a standard Honda Civic gear stick as they fit mine fine. They also fit a small spherical gear stick as I've tried it them on Steve's. However, if you want one and it doesn't fit or you're not entirely happy, send it back and I'll either refund you or knit you a new one.

I wouldn't recommend driving with one on as they're not a snug fit but I can easily make one bigger, smaller, longer, snugger, with or without a tassle, etc. Just let me know exactly what you're after and I'll do my best to accommodate.

Washing instructions: best is to wash in lukewarm water (slightly cooler than hand hot) in a mild detergent. If you can't be bothered with that, then a wool wash in the washing machine should be fine - but handwashing is by far recommended.

£5 delivered, including paypal fees (just in case), p&p.

OK: let the innuendos begin!

PS: according to my mother, they'd also make a good boiled egg cosy :facepalm: - obviously before you cut the top off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Hi I have a skunk 2 gear nob so it's longer could you do me one of these please in red with black at the bottom and black at the top ?

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be my pleasure. I should however point out:

That what looks like black in the picture is actually midnight blue (and is obviously so 'in the flesh'). It'll take me a day or two to get to a wool shop to get some black (there aren't any near where I work) but as soon as I can, I'll get knitting.

Also, you've highlighted a flaw in my first post, above. I'll get some measurements when I get home and post the dimensions. If you could then let me know how much longer than that you'd like it to be, then I can be sure of getting it right first time.

Hope that's ok?

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I would also be interested in a two tone blue one. Please PM details.

It may be weekend before i can get back to you, sorry !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll be interested in this too Kat :D (same colours and for a skunk2)
Parsco - in which case, if you can hang on until I've got the measurements up, maybe you and PCWD can agree on the length? By which time, hopefully I'll have got my hands on some black yarn.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I think I'll be interested in this too Kat :D (same colours and for a skunk2)
:) can you do me a favour mate and do the meserments ass I'm away workings ?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
It would be my pleasure. I should however point out:

That what looks like black in the picture is actually midnight blue (and is obviously so 'in the flesh'). It'll take me a day or two to get to a wool shop to get some black (there aren't any near where I work) but as soon as I can, I'll get knitting.

Also, you've highlighted a flaw in my first post, above. I'll get some measurements when I get home and post the dimensions. If you could then let me know how much longer than that you'd like it to be, then I can be sure of getting it right first time.

Hope that's ok?
Yeap that's all good to me if you pm me your paypal I'll get you payed all so do want want any more money ass it's gona be Bigger

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Yes mate, I'll get me ruler out ;)

Do we want a snug fit or a loose one? :oops:
It's to cold for the ruler lol :police: ... Sorry couldend help it .. I'd say snug would look better but what ever you thinks best mate I'm happy I chose the colours you choice the fit :p

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys, a finished one, all sewn up cosy is:

10 cm base to top (right under the tassle)
9 cm across - so 18 cm all the way around - at the widest point.

When sat on a desk, it's like a stubby oval shape, cut off at both ends (just like a beany hat or any normal woolly hat of a similar style).

Why don't you tell me how long/wide you want it? I based the price on the fact that it takes me about an hour to make one standard one. So another centimetre or two isn't worth worrying about. 5 cm more I might be asking for another coupla quid. On the other hand, if you go for a long snug one, it'll probably balance out :)

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Ok,my knob is 16cm diameter at the widest point, and the main part of the knob is 9cm tall.

So - comparing all the measurements, if you're looking for a snugger fit, I suggest I make them a little narrower. While the length sounds fine on paper, a lot of that gets pulled up when filled with the bulge at the top of the knob. Therefore, i'll add a bit to the length.

I should be able to start them over the weekend but doubt they'll be finished until Monday evening earliest. Suspect the adjustments cancel out time-wise, so price stands.

Will PM you paypal details Monday when I can give you a more definite eta. How does that all sound?

Its impossible to do this without falling into the innuendo trap isn't it? Lol

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Sounds perfect to me and thank you will wait for my pm :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
How about postage costs to Belgium? If 10 pounds or less, you have my interest. Is a red sock with black collar possible? Perhaps dark blue in stead of black?

Thanks!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Chillidog,

Absolutely no problem. If you'd asked me in a month from now, we're going to be in Bruges between Christmas and New Year... !

I've checked the pricing and it's £1.50 to send to Europe. Given that for the UK, I'm including P&P in the price, how about we say £6 all in for Europe?

Dark blue or black with the red are both possible - which would you prefer? The dark blue is very dark, but still obviously blue (if that helps).

Let me know whenever you're ready what you decide, and if you're happy with the price we'll move to PM.

K

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
hi kat,could you do me one for the skunk2 red around the bottom white top with the pom pom bit at the top like your picture in your thread but for the measurements for the skunk2 pllleeeaasssssee :D

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Certainly - pleasure. Will PM you.

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
payment sent :D
Many thanks - received. As discussed, give me a day or two to knit it and get it out to you. Will drop you another quick line once it's in the post.

1 - 20 of 576 Posts