2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to this form

I should be picking my 59 plate champ white type r up next tuesday cant wait

Can yous please give me some advise on what products to use on it to keep it clean? what would yous recommend using on the alloys?I know they will be a nightmare to keep clean

Looking to keep the paintwork in best condition as possible and swirl free my current black ep3 type r was full of swirls when I got it dont want this to happen to my champ white

Thanks

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
You'll be fighting a losing battle at this time of year mate.

Washed mine on Friday, drove to the shop and back and it was dirty again.

I done my wheels a couple of weeks ago, took them off cleaned them, de-tar then 3 coats of poorboys wheel sealant. Makes it a bit easier to clean them when you go to wash them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know mate at this time of year with the weather and roads will have no chance lol

So how bad is it keeping the white alloys clean I can only imagine would you recommend the poorboys ?

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
They do get manky pretty quick.

Show up tar too. But as I said if you keep on top of them they are easier to clean when u give it a wash( which will be all the time).

When and where you getting your car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do get manky pretty quick.

Show up tar too. But as I said if you keep on top of them they are easier to clean when u give it a wash( which will be all the time).

When and where you getting your car.
Going to pick it up on the 14th meeting the guy in manchester will need to get stocked up with some good products to keep the car looking good

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
LOl cars still get dirty even when its nice weather. I cleaned mine in Summer not used it for a few days gone to sue it and its dirty, sometimes we get dirty from Sahara that blows over here
Never said they don't, but they don't get anywhere near as dirty in the summer. A bit of dust which can be rinsed off, nothing compared to the type of clean & protection needed at this time of the year.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
True and I never claimed you did, I was just saying they can get dirty in nice weather.

True about them not being as dirty in Summer and or need as much protection.

Never said they don't, but they don't get anywhere near as dirty in the summer. A bit of dust which can be rinsed off, nothing compared to the type of clean & protection needed at this time of the year.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you want to keep the car as clean as poss, and as swirl free as possible too, then it's down to the products you use aswell as the techniques too!

Washing & drying the car correctly using the correct techniques at the right time will REALLY help with keeping on top of swirls etc, and as for protection then i apply a good sealant, then a good quality wax, and for the wheels something like poorboys (in several coats!), keeping a good coat of sealant and wax on the car will make it easier to clean and help it stay cleaner for longer!

There are loads of products out there for you to try, and there will be lovers & haters for each one too, what suits one will not another!!

If you do find your car is getting swirled up etc, then as long as they ain't THAT bad it's not the end of the world anyway as a proper "detailer" will be able to do paint correction for you to get rid of the swirl marks and scratches! but if the swirls keep coming back rather too quickly then it's down to incorrect techniques and products used a lot of the time!

What i usually do is:-

Spray the car all over with a pressure spray with watered down chemical cleaner (kinda like snow foam, but not as foamy!) and leave for a few minutes to allow it to work.

Pressure wash the whole car down.

Wash the car.

Pressure wash it off again.

Pat the car down with a drying towel to dry it off.

Then (if it needs it!)

Coat the car with a sealant.

Coat the car with a good wax.

Seal the wheels with something like poorboys.

Don't always do all that as sometimes it just doesn't need it all, maybe it doesn't need sealing/waxing etc, but the wash technique always stays the same! Sometimes might find you'll need to go voer the car with a clay bar too to get rid of some of the more stubborn crap! (laymans terms i know!)

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
If you want to keep the car as clean as poss, and as swirl free as possible too, then it's down to the products you use aswell as the techniques too!

Washing & drying the car correctly using the correct techniques at the right time will REALLY help with keeping on top of swirls etc, and as for protection then i apply a good sealant, then a good quality wax, and for the wheels something like poorboys (in several coats!), keeping a good coat of sealant and wax on the car will make it easier to clean and help it stay cleaner for longer!

There are loads of products out there for you to try, and there will be lovers & haters for each one too, what suits one will not another!!

If you do find your car is getting swirled up etc, then as long as they ain't THAT bad it's not the end of the world anyway as a proper "detailer" will be able to do paint correction for you to get rid of the swirl marks and scratches! but if the swirls keep coming back rather too quickly then it's down to incorrect techniques and products used a lot of the time!

What i usually do is:-

Spray the car all over with a pressure spray with watered down chemical cleaner (kinda like snow foam, but not as foamy!) and leave for a few minutes to allow it to work.

Pressure wash the whole car down.

Wash the car.

Pressure wash it off again.

Pat the car down with a drying towel to dry it off.

Then (if it needs it!)

Coat the car with a sealant.

Coat the car with a good wax.

Seal the wheels with something like poorboys.

Don't always do all that as sometimes it just doesn't need it all, maybe it doesn't need sealing/waxing etc, but the wash technique always stays the same! Sometimes might find you'll need to go voer the car with a clay bar too to get rid of some of the more stubborn crap! (laymans terms i know!)
A chemical cleaner instead of Snow Foam?
You mean APC?
Wont this degrade your LSP?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not quite sure what it is tbh, my cousin recommended it to me as he's been using it for ages (he's a detailer btw!)

Chemical cleaner might be me using the wrong terms to explain it!

All i know is it works, and i have NO complaints with the longevity of the wax/sealants i use in terms of protection while using the stuff either!

Anyway APC, LSP?????:confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.