2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - hope you had a good crimbo

Im going away just after New Years for quite a few months. Hopefully i will be keeping the Type R in a garage. I wanted to get a cover for it too in order to protect the paint

I was just wondering if there was a place where i can get a specific Honda Civic car cover or would it be the normal Halfords joby :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I'd say go for it, it will be in a garage with a cover on which I'm guessing is likely to be disturbed to often. Just tell other people to go easy around it and keep the garage door shut as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
covers are the work of the devil - they will scratch your car to bits - not too bad in teh garage but even slight wind and cause them to rub and scratch outside - they are just as bad as cats that climb over cars

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
My Boxster is in the garage with a cover on and a battery maintainer plugged in for the winter. The Porsche cover is soft inside so would recommend something similar rather than a nylon cover. As long as you wash the car and let it dry before putting on the cover it will be fine, never put a cover on a dirty car and never let the inside of the cover touch the floor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies all

Yes its going to be in a Garage (Hopefully) the reason i want a cover tho is it is going to be in a garage on a Army barracks. Now wind wont be a problem but the garages are dusty as hell and the guys are in and out of the garages all the time - its more of a hanger i suppose

just figured that a cover would stop it getting covered in grit/dirt and grime while im away :facepalm:

So...Have you had a look at these?
Honda Civic Car cover | eBay
Cheers fro the link Robbo[smilie=grinn.gif] i did have a look... may well get one off here but suppose a sheep skin one would be best if anyone has any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
You definitely want a cover. I have my glider in winter storage at the old 20sqn hanger at RAF Wittering (my last squadron when I was in the RAF). Anyway, I have covers for the glider and they are covered in dust, rust and pigeon droppings which otherwise would be all over the glider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.