2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to keep the knob on straight (Skunk2 that is). Seems to never be exactly straight and through fast gear changes sometimes starts spinning in my hand (frustrating and potentially dangerous). Is there any way I can get a nut/ type r locking nut that would fit and secure it properly, the only supplied with the knob seems way too tight and I dare not try force it on incase i screw the thread...

Help!:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I can't seem to keep the knob on straight (Skunk2 that is). Seems to never be exactly straight and through fast gear changes sometimes starts spinning in my hand (frustrating and potentially dangerous). Is there any way I can get a nut/ type r locking nut that would fit and secure it properly, the only supplied with the knob seems way too tight and I dare not try force it on incase i screw the thread...

Help!:confused:

Get yourself some PTFE tape and wrap it around the gear stick thread, in the same direction as the knob screws on. Be generous with the PTFE I.e put plenty on and then screw the knob all the way down and and when it's in the correct position, it will remain there!

Get PTFE from Plumbers yard etc. Got mine off Amazon for a few quid. Always handy to have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Get yourself some PTFE tape and wrap it around the gear stick thread, in the same direction as the knob screws on. Be generous with the PTFE I.e put plenty on and then screw the knob all the way down and and when it's in the correct position, it will remain there!

Get PTFE from Plumbers yard etc. Got mine off Amazon for a few quid. Always handy to have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
^^this^^

it may take a few attempts to get it right but it works

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stick the tape around the gear stick thread (sticky side in)?

Will probaly have to try this - thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the advice :) will try this asap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts