2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking to invest in a Kenwood DNX-5260BT double din HU - was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this unit / reviews? I'm looking for something to hook m iPhone 4 up to (for iPod playback) that also has an adequate sat nav / bluetooth calling.

I've trawled the net but can't find any substantial review of the kit.

I'll be coupling the install with an upgrade to the standard speakers / cabling and soundproofing as well.

Cheers in advance
Blackle

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi All,

I'm looking to invest in a Kenwood DNX-5260BT double din HU - was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this unit / reviews? I'm looking for something to hook m iPhone 4 up to (for iPod playback) that also has an adequate sat nav / bluetooth calling.

I've trawled the net but can't find any substantial review of the kit.

I'll be coupling the install with an upgrade to the standard speakers / cabling and soundproofing as well.

Cheers in advance
Blackle
It's a good unit.....how much are you paying for it? The reason I ask is that I know of a brand new DNX-7260BT beening sold very cheap.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
It's a good unit.....how much are you paying for it? The reason I ask is that I know of a brand new DNX-7260BT beening sold very cheap.
The Kenwood DNX-5260BT double din HU is a good unit...I am planning to get one also....My mate has it and he said it's cool. Cheapest I have seen is £600

On the other hand: Bupps...what price is the brand new DNX-7260BT you found?

·
Registered
337 Posts
The Kenwood DNX-5260BT double din HU is a good unit...I am planning to get one also....My mate has it and he said it's cool. Cheapest I have seen is £600

On the other hand: Bupps...what price is the brand new DNX-7260BT you found?
Spoken to Bob at Impulse for you. Because your from the Civinfo forum he said you can have it for £700 !!

Remember: It's brand new. Only one left.
Email or call Impulse on 01923 231 358

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoken to Bob at Impulse for you. Because your from the Civinfo forum he said you can have it for £700 !!

Remember: It's brand new. Only one left.
Email or call Impulse on 01923 231 358

Cheers dablink / Bupps, I'm actually going through Impulse - Bob has been spot on so far so only a matter of selecting speakers and fitting to go but based on the reviews here I'm sure it'll be a steller job.

In terms of the HU I don't see a huge gain of the 7260 over the 5260 and actually prefer the hard controls on the 5260 plus instead of laying down the extra on a 7260 that can go towards speakers.

As long as I can hook my iPhone 4 up through the 5260 and I can get music through cable and calls over bluetooth (and not a confusion over the two) I'm sure it'll do the trick, just a shame there's no real coverage of the unit over the net :( (dcivic, cheers but that thread is ancient and no response from Rizlam :) )

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
In terms of the HU I don't see a huge gain of the 7260 over the 5260 and actually prefer the hard controls on the 5260 plus instead of laying down the extra on a 7260 that can go towards speakers.

As long as I can hook my iPhone 4 up through the 5260 and I can get music through cable and calls over bluetooth (and not a confusion over the two) I'm sure it'll do the trick
+1

Let me know how it goes buddy...I would love to get the 5260 also. I would keep an eye on this page. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.